Anybody watching Boston Med?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by zalusky, Jul 23, 2010.

1. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Last nights episode was about as raw as I have ever seen. To go from being listed for a heart transplant to being told he wont make it to instantly being in the situation where you get to say your last words and he can talk back was almost too much for me. I really felt like shouldn't be in the room. Doctors and nurses really have a tough job.

2. nmiller855

nmiller855 Active Member

Sep 26, 2000
    East of...
    There have been several similar shows but I think last night's episode gave us a very up close view of how heart wrenching the medical profession can be. I remember the one filmed here in Houston where the doctor named Marnie died from a brain tumor. It's hard to understand when illnesses take people like those.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I'm watching for the reality. I missed the first few episodes.
    Just from the title alone, I assumed it was a scripted show and wasn't interested.

My only complaint, too much drama and not enough of the actual procedures.

4. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    It was amazing to watch. OK, time to stop chest compressions and you can say goodbye... wow...

The medicine shown is fascinating. The personal/drama stuff about the staff is mostly fast-forward material. Especially Rick Reish, give me a break.

5. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
  6. pex

pex New Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Boston, MA
    Agreed. The Asian MD calls for them to stop the chest compressions and the young code team guy doing the compressions (MD? Nurse? ) flashes him a WTF look that he doesn't lose for the next few scenes. I guess if you're giving chest compressions and the patient is still alive, it must go against your every instinct to stop.

Does anyone in the field know why two of the guys on the code team were wearing what appear to be fleece vests over their scrubs. Also, the nurse who interrupted the family meeting was wearing a heavy Irish sweater. Is it particularly cold in a cardiac unit? Most every hospital I've been in has been stiflingly hot and stuffy.

7. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Is this a David E Kelley show?

8. firerose818

firerose818 Now 65 pounds less! TCF Club

Jul 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    No.

9. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Ya need a poll when you ask these kind of questions.. :)

Oh and no...don't watch.

I burned out on most medical shows long ago.

10. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I am enjoying it. Is this the same people that did Hopkins?