Anybody using Kwiry to schedule?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Lazlo123, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Lazlo123

Lazlo123 New Member

Nov 7, 2006

Advertisements

Just curious if anyone is using Kwiry to schedule their Tivo recordings and if so, how well does it work?

http://getsatisfaction.com/kwiry/topics/how_do_i_use_the_tivo_kwiry_shortcut

2. Lazlo123

Lazlo123 New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Did anybody even know you can use Kwiry to schedule recordings?

3. westside_guy

westside_guy Annoyingly ephemeral

Mar 13, 2005
    The soggy...
    I suspect the real question is - does anyone care?

I've remotely set up a recording exactly once in my 6 years of Tivo ownership - and it was straightforward to do that from their website.

4. Lazlo123

Lazlo123 New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    No doubt that it is very easy to do from Tivo's website. I've done it a few times myself. The point of Kwiry is that you don't need a computer, or a website; you schedule the recording through a text message from your cell phone that can't log on to Tivo.com. So to answer your question, yes, I believe some people care. I know of at least 1.

5. herbman

herbman Member

Apr 8, 2008

Advertisements

I did it twice.

Once it worked, and the second time it did not. It just showed up as a regular Kwiry reminder with the tivo intact in the string.

6. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    I do. Thankfully, the new mobile site works great on my iPhone, so I doubt I will need the kwiry service. If you don't have a good browser (or data plan), the kwiry service is quite nice.

7. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    yep, smartphone that can browse the web. Wish I knew of this service before the TiVo mobile site. I know of at l3ast 4 times I could have used it, but all academic for me now.

8. MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Never heard of Kwiry before. Will check it out. I don't have a cell phone with Internet so this might be good. :)