Anybody lose Terra Nova on TiVo?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by BetaMark, Sep 27, 2011.

1. BetaMark

BetaMark New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Van Nuys, CA
    We saw TiVo recording it last night, then checked My Shows this morning and.. nothing - even though our other shows, Castle and Hawaii Five-0, were there. And it's not like we can't get Fox 11. Fringe came in fine last Friday (we're strictly OTA).

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    If it was recording and doesn't show up in the My Shows, that means there was no signal.

3. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Check the recording history and see what that says about it. I haven't tried to watch it yet, but it shows in my play list (I am also strictly OTA on my TiVo Premier).

4. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Mine is OK. I have had things look like they were recording and there was no signal. Did you see any of it when it was playing? If you did, there is something else wrong.

5. Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Colorado...
    The Terra Nova premiere is being rebroadcast sometime this weekend. I don't remember when so you'll have to search for it.

6. DavidJL

DavidJL Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Dana Point, CA
    Saturday 8pm I believe

7. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    My setup:
    • Cable
    • Dual CableCards
    • Tuning Adapter for SDV channels
    A lot of times (especially on SDV channels) when my Tivo S4 tunes into a channel it can take more than a second or two for the tuning to happen. When it takes this long for the channel to tune in the Tivo doesn't record anything :(.
    The channel does work (if I press live TV) but the recording doesn't happen, and if I play the recording from the Now Playing List I just get a black screen stuck at 00:00:00.

Why this might be relevant to you
    Since you're OTA, maybe your digital adapter is malfunctioning, and you're getting something similar to my problem.

Edit: AMC HD is an SDV channel where I live. Thank god 'Breaking Bad' has re-airings, it's the hottest thing on TV at the moment and getting blank recordings makes me angry!!!!!!
    I have found changing the tuner to the channel before the scheduled recording, if possible, is a good work around.

8. BetaMark

BetaMark New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Van Nuys, CA
    Thanks, all.

Turned out to be operator error... somehow I set the recording to be on channel 11-2 instead of of 11-1. D'OH! :eek:

9. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
  10. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    If the cable company was putting out a weak signal that can happen but operator error is the easiest error to fix so that was good. :)

11. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    The ratings weren't so hot. You may want to hold off on watching. We all know FOX is trigger happy.

12. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    After all the money they pumped into this, no way are Fox canceling this quick. Heck, they even renewed Fringe.