Anybody listen to some good TV (or movie) podcasts??

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Hoffer, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I listen to a lot of videogame and tech podcasts. I really only listen to 1 or 2 TV and movie podcasts. Both from IGN.com.

Anyone hear listen to some good podcasts? I'd prefer that they come out weekly and actually be people that watch the shows.

2. celluloidlout

celluloidlout Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Athens, GA
    Hoffer, I think you'd like the Slash Film podcast.

3. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    +1 - /Filmcast is my favorite movie podcast. I also listen to IGN Channel Surfing and IGN Keepin' It Reel.

4. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Thanks for the /Filmcast recommendation. I've been listening the last couple weeks and have enjoyed it so far.

5. Crobinzine

Crobinzine Member

Dec 29, 2005
    Wickliffe, OH
  6. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    My longstanding favorite is http://www.televisionzombies.com - they cover sci-fi/fantasy/horror tv. The cohosts have a good rapport and one of them, Chris Piers, has been landing some pretty impressive interviews lately (George RR Martin, Stan Lee, Jane Espensen, Robert Kirkman, etc).

Two podcasts done by professional tv critics, that I've recently started listening to and like are: The Firewall and Iceberg Podcast (which is Alan Sepinwall and Dan Feinberg), and the Talking TV With Ryan and Ryan Podcast, which are Maureen "Mo" Ryan and Ryan McGee.

7. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I like Doug Loves Movies, but it's more a comedy podcast than a movie review show that you might be looking for.

8. tem

tem Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Filmspotting

9. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I don't think I've actually listened to more than one yet, but Bald Bryan who's on the Adam Carolla Show also does a podcast called The Film Vault. He's very pop culture knowledgeable in general (once in a while I am amazed by him not seeing some very well known 70s TV show.. I mean jeez, I've seen lots of 60s shows from before I was born..)

10. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I don't listen to many, but I love Sci-Fi Diner. www.scifidinerpodcast.com

It's two guys - Scott and Miles and they do podcasts weekly and talk about science fiction/horror on tv shows and in the movies. Lots of interviews with guests and such.