Anybody got a contact on the inside?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by ebockelman, Feb 11, 2011.

1. ebockelman

ebockelman PR#6

Jul 12, 2001
    Orlando,...

Advertisements

Long story short - I'm trying to activate one of the Woot refurb Premier boxes using a lifetime service gift card. It's an old card, so nobody knows what to do with it. I've faxed Tivo the card and receipt of purchase, but I'm going on three weeks with no service on this box.

Every time I call Tivo, nobody has a timeline on when it will get resolved. I received a single call over this three week period last Friday, where I was left a voicemail stating it would be another 2-3 business days. Well, it's been 5 more since then.

If somebody has suggestions as to who inside Tivo I could contact to give this thing a shove, I would greatly appreciate it. I've sent this to Jerry, who tried to escalate on his side (Thanks Jerry!)

No one seems to be disputing the validity of my gift card, but they just can't seem to do an activation with it. I've been a happy Tivo customer since 99 (back in the 12hr Series 1 days), so I would really hate for this to get ugly. I could see a site like Consumerist going nuts with a "Tivo doesn't honor their gift cards" story. I don't want it to come to that, but at the three week point (with no offer of provisional activation while they figure it out), I'm simply getting frustrated.

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
  3. ebockelman

ebockelman PR#6

Jul 12, 2001
    Orlando,...
    Thanks! I've emailed Margret.

4. audioscience

audioscience OG Lurker

Feb 10, 2005