Anybody else unable to receive Time Warner San Diego channels 709 and 136 ?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by c-surfer, Jul 19, 2009.

1. c-surfer

c-surfer Member

Jul 25, 2001
    San Diego,...

Advertisements

Is anybody else with Time Warner Cable San Diego unable to receive cable channels 709 and 136?

I have a Tivo Series 3 with CableCards, and am unable to receive channels 709 and 136 on the cable system. 709 is KUSI HD 51.1 over-the-air, and 106 is KDSD 39.3 over-the-air. It's my understanding that neither 709 or 136 requires a switched video adaptor.

Time Warner has been unable to fix the problem, and while their technical support and engineering departments say I should receive those channels, their repair guy and his supervisor say those basic channels aren't included.

I believe that Time Warner is breaking FCC rules by not carrying local stations and not providing full service to CableCards. All the other local stations work on cable channels, 705-712, 311(15.2) and 256 (39.2).

2. DanInSD

DanInSD New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    They work for me fine. Sorry.

3. MirclMax

MirclMax Ancient Member

Jul 12, 2000
    +1

4. c-surfer

c-surfer Member

Jul 25, 2001
    San Diego,...
    Thanks. It's working now after calls to the city cable regulator and the general managers of the affected stations. Time Warner's excuse was that I don't have a switched video adaptor, and even though those stations aren't using switched video, the switched video adaptor was compensating for the error. They had forgotten to send a new channel map to the cable cards, but after they did it started to work.