Anybody else tired of the J.J. Abrams stuff?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by omnibus, Jan 21, 2012.

1. omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming

Advertisements

ie: Fringe, Alcatraz etc. I generally love sci-fi and Twilight Zone kind of stuff but sometimes it feels like there's too much time and place hopping unless you're following the stories very closely.

2. Mr Flippant

Mr Flippant Regular User

Jan 2, 2009
    No not tired of it. I loved the season finale of Alcatraz.

3. Bryanmc

Bryanmc I'm normal.

Sep 5, 2000
    Richardson,...
    That was one short season.

4. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    It's over? :(

5. BitbyBlit

BitbyBlit .

Aug 25, 2001

Advertisements

Only for people from the future. If you're from now, then you've still got more to watch.

I probably don't need to remind time travelers about this, but be careful about spoilers. The temporal police are quite anal about those. In some cases, they have banned people from existence.

And "I'm from an alternate timeline so the story could be different" is not a good excuse. Wait until the episode airs, then discuss the differences.

6. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I don't watch Fringe and I miss Lost and Alias. I'm excited to watch Alcatraz. I haven't got around to it yet but I will this week.

7. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Still love fringe did not bother with alcatraz.

8. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    ...am a diehard Lost fan (yes, even after the ending), didn't like Fringe at first but now I love it, am currently rewatching Alias, can't wait for the next Star Trek and Alcatraz is the only new network show this season that sparked my interest from the start. Wherever J.J. goes, I will follow (except for Undercovers).

9. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Not tired of it. I like stories that need to be followed closely.

10. ronsch

ronsch Active Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Tallahassee,...
    Not at all.

Wish I had the time to go back and rewatch Alias.

11. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    I am not tired of his TV shows or movies. My "Fringe" season pass was history after 2 seasons but "Person of Interest" is holding my interest so far. I have "Alcatraz" set with a Season Pass but haven't watched it yet. I am watching Alias for the first time, about half way through the first season and I am in season 3 of "Lost" on Blu-ray. The shows are consistently stupid and far fetched, no sense of anything really possible and Fringe got so stupid I couldn't watch it but apparently in general, I can watch stupid crap. I don't like the annoying lens flare with Star Trek and Super 8 and I have no idea why he does that.

12. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    It's never been my cup of tea, but since I don't watch any of it I'm hardly tired of it.

13. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Can't wait for the next Star Trek movie!

14. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Lost was in a class by itself. I doubt there will ever be another show I like as well. If you look for a second lost every time a new show comes out, it will be disappointing.

I love Fringe--the others are ok, but not great. Not tired yet.

15. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    Not tired of it.

16. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Word.

The re-boot was a good one. Give me more.

17. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I watched all of Alias, and felt unsatisfied at the end. I quit Lost after about 1.5 seasons out of frustration.

I was actually okay with Mission Impossible 3.

I like Person of Interest so far. In the beginning, I liked that they just kind of hand waved over how the machine works and got more into the episodes with a badass just helping the person of the week, kind of like an Equalizer. I'm worried though that they will get sucked into too much of the machine's history. Just hope it's not a Rambaldi device or something.

18. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I saw from Season 4 through to the end of Alias, when it aired. I recently went back to watch from the beginning, and am now half-way through season 3. I'm enjoying it. Funny how famous Bradley Cooper (Will Tippen, Sid's reporter friend) has become in the years since - I've been seeing him everywhere -- The Hangover, Limitless, even the cover of People Magazine (I think he was selected as "sexiest man alive," or something).

19. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    He has a lot of ideas that apparently would make good miniseries, movies, or maybe even 13-episode shows. But it seems the overall framework he lays out for a series doesn't really work for the long term. Alias and Fringe were two that kept the magic going decently well for a while. (I put Fringe in the "were" category since this season I feel it's not the appointment viewing it once was.) Lost came off the rails fairly quickly. I still watched it, hoping it would get better, but like all other shows it never did. Person of Interest feels like a CBS procedural show above everything else, and I just couldn't get into it because of that. Alcatraz did not really capture my interest either, though I'm willing to give it a couple more hours.

20. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    What? All these mentions of various Abrams shows and no Felicity love? ;)