Any way to see what programs are transfering?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Noku Dzu, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Noku Dzu

Noku Dzu Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I have finally figured out how to transfer shows from our Premiere to the new Roamio Pro. As most of you know already, it definitely helps to get both on the cabled LAN, as opposed to Roamio on wifi. So much faster and more reliable too.

Is there any way to see a progress report of what show is currently being transfered and what is in the Roamio queue?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Under My shows on the receiving TiVo you get a red circle, and the size gets an updated every 10 minutes or so. On the sending box you can check the To Do List.

My basic Roamio boxes are using external wireless. Rate is about 90Mbps. You can check the rate at Network Diagnostics, View Transfer History, items # 3 and # 4. Internal wireless is not so good, but will drive a Mini.

3. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    I thought "red isn't right", so I just now tried a couple of transfers from my Roamio to my Premiere, initiating them from the receiving Premiere of course. The receiving TiVo indicates transfers in blue, on the front panel and in both the My Shows list (while being received) and the To Do List (while being received or queued). And the sending TiVo has no indication of transfers anywhere.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    While I know the LED is blue on a Premiere, I never looked at the To Do List or My Shows during a transfer on the Premiere.

Ever wonder why a transfer started on a Premiere is slower than a transfer started on a Roamio?

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    They are listed in the To Do List.