Any way to reach ANY TiVo supervisor with ANY authority? !!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by CableNeverTHISBad, Feb 17, 2018.

1. CableNeverTHISBad

CableNeverTHISBad New Member

Feb 15, 2018

Advertisements

I am at my wits end. I can't find anyone at TiVo with the knowledge or authority to solve my problem.

The certified refurbished equipment I bought on Amazon was clearly not refurbished, it is simply unsold old stock. We know this because the minis still have their original 2013 software - never plugged in or updated. It is obsolete, bricked, and cannot connect to the Roamios. TiVo however still wants to hold me to my 1 year dvr service commitment. If I quit, I have to pay for the year just to leave!

I want TiVo to either: a.) Actually refurb, repair, or replace my mini with anything that works, and I will complete my service agreement. Or b.) Throw out my service agreement and let me walk away without further insult to injury.

Does anyone know any way to actually reach anybody in charge?

2. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

since you bought on amazon have you contacted the seller?

3. CableNeverTHISBad

Feb 15, 2018
    The link from my purchase history indicates the seller is TiVo store with fulfillment by Amazon on a Woot one day sale - Woot is Amazon. Not some small private seller. Best guess is old product dumped before Mini Vox introduced. I installed long after return period.

4. ajwees41

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    but woot sold it so they would need to support not tivo

5. CableNeverTHISBad

Feb 15, 2018

Advertisements

You may be right, at least technically. But the software update issues are all on TiVo. If they avoid any responsibility for a problematic product by dishing it off to Woot and letting them take the blame, ...this hardly makes me feel better about TiVo. I assume Woot believed it was refurbished too.

6. CableNeverTHISBad

Feb 15, 2018
    But getting back to the point of this thread. How do you contact USA management so they can make the call? I want to hear what someone who has the authority to speak for this company has to say about this mess, ...not someone fumbling through a script.

I am not asking much. This equipment is expensive. Wiring my house was REALLY expensive. I just want to pay a monthly bill on a WORKING PRODUCT for once!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  7. ajwees41

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    but you said it not refurbished how do you know it could have been damaged in shipping you need to call woot or tivo directly this is not an official tivo support site

8. CableNeverTHISBad

Feb 15, 2018
    How do I know? BECAUSE THEY TELL ME THEY CAUSED THE PROBLEM. This is a "known software issue". V70 - they admit to breaking it! I am posting on this site BECAUSE I have called 50 times for 4 months. 11 cases open. I can't get a hold of anyone with authority, ...just script readers.

I am posting BECAUSE this is not an official site and there are some really knowledgeable people here who may know how to reach corporate and get some results. Why are you answering this post if you haven't read the headline???

9. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
  10. CableNeverTHISBad

Feb 15, 2018
    Yes. Thank you. Tivo_support won't answer me there either. They let if fill with spam and evade the legit questions. Seems like the most knowledgeable people are here anyway.

11. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Yep in my experience the official TiVo support forums are a waste of time.

12. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    There is an "Executive Relations" team that can make a BIG difference in how the rest of the company reacts to reported issues, but getting to them is certainly not easy. I had open battles on problems for six months before I finally badgered some "supervisor" to promise me a call-back from some higher authority. I did not believe them - assumed it was just another of many repeated lies I had received, but surprise, surprise, several days later I actually had contact from an intelligent and helpful person who stuck with me over the following month to eventually resolve everything!

It is very unfortunate that they made it so hard for me to finally get to the Executive Relations team - it only happened after I got so frustrated that I became very abusive with them during both phone calls and in my written responses to their open and closed problems. I do not like behaving this way, but my excuse is that they drove me to it. In hindsight, it seems that they only finally refereed me to the man in the high castle because they wanted to complain about ME being abusive to them!

If you do enough searching for TiVo Executive Relations, you might find their phone number. Even if I could find my notes from last summer, I am hesitant to post that number here (but I really do not know why - they DESERVE to be bombarded by all the unhappy customers).

13. CableNeverTHISBad

Feb 15, 2018

Impressive. Thank you!

14. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Have you tried contacting TiVoMargret on this forum?

15. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    She is long gone.

16. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Really? When?

17. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
  18. CableNeverTHISBad

Feb 15, 2018
    Yes. Seems like her leaving TiVo is the most ominous sign. Another nail in TiVo's coffin.

19. CableNeverTHISBad

Feb 15, 2018
    Since they admit their software updates bricked these A92 minis I sent a strongly worded email to customer support last week demanding they repair or replace it, just make it work for once, or let me out of my DVR commitment.

I just got back the very same cut/paste response that I first got from them last fall!

We apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you. We are currently working on this to get this resolved as quick as possible. Thank you for your patience. We do not have estimated time frame yet but we will notify you once we have updates or resolution for this issue. Replies directly to this email will not be received.

Funny! :D

20. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    funny? i'd have already mailed letters the board of directors by now. :)