Any way to mail a pdf to tivo support?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tomhorsley, Jan 2, 2020.

1. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I wondered why the movies never matched the descriptions on a lot of the Starz Encore channels, then I finally discovered that comcast boca/delray has made extensive lineup changes which TiVo apparently knows nothing about. I mailed them the info about a few of the changes I specifically noticed, but the total set of changes are apparently much larger. I'd love to send them a pdf file I printed off the xfinity web site and say "fix it".

2. keithg1964

keithg1964 Ragonk

Feb 2, 2006
    Texas
    lineup@tivo.com

tomhorsley likes this.
  3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
  4. tomhorsley

Jul 22, 2010
    The trouble with the web form is that there are dozens of changes xfinity just made and merely figuring them out is a several hour project. I'd rather mail them the pdf file and say "you figure it out" :).

Mikeguy likes this.
  5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Who do you think you are, the consumer? ;)

6. tomhorsley

Jul 22, 2010
    Meanwhile TiVo is telling me to do things like repeat guided setup. That will obviously fix everything and cause xfinity to start sending the old channels to my TiVo :).

TiVo isn't alone in this delusion though, all the online TV schedule services I found also have the wrong info for xfinity boca/delray, no doubt they all get their data from rovi.

7. tomhorsley

Jul 22, 2010
    I just tried that page. After I finish selecting the type of issue I'm having and fill in the form, I get a popup error telling me to select the type of issue I'm having and fill in the form :). Their web programmers are just as competent as their android and ios programmers I guess.

8. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    yeah the form is broke. Type NA in third item, channel or frequency or something, I don’t have it in front of me. That worked for me.

ihave an ongoing issue with TiVo not listing any program info for a local pbs channel. They said, yeah, you’re right, we fixed it. But nope, it’s not fixed.

tomhorsley likes this.
  9. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    if you call tech support, skip first line and ask for a sup to help with your issue - you tried their way (the guided setup nonsense) and they failed.

once the lineup request form is completed (along with a comment there are too many channels to list individually), then a case number is assigned, i was asked to email the comcast lineup pdf to lineup@tivo.com along with the case number - if this isn't suggested, ask the sup directly about doing this. it's been a while (prior to the comcast national channel realignment), but it worked then, so maybe it'll help you with your issue - good luck. :up: