Any way to get around the DRM with PyTivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by RVH, Jan 30, 2019.

1. RVH

RVH New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    It seems that very few programs are able to be transferred with PyTivo. Most have the yellow circle with the exclamation mark or the circle with the hash in it. (BTW, what is the difference between those icons?)

All I want to do is to transfer the show or movie to my pc and then transfer them back to my Tivo Premier (still going strong after fifteen years).

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You cannot get around the red slashed circles, that is the copy protection your cableCo imposed on the shows.

The other circles are either Green (Keep Until I Delete) or yellow (Shows marked for future deletion only when space is needed.)

3. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Misanthrope

Aug 2, 2003
    The yellow circles with exclamation marks aren't a barrier to transfers. They're just the TiVo trying to warn you that the show might be deleted. It gets a bit overzealous about it.

krkaufman likes this.
  4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I got tired of the yellow dots years ago. I changed my recording options so they only display with kmttg, pyTiVo, Desktop, etc. but not in My Shows. Still haven't figured out how to fix KUID being applied when a program is moved to a different TiVo.