Any way to change time of daily update

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rdlaub, May 6, 2005.

1. rdlaub

rdlaub New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    New Jersey
    I have a wireless network connected to my Tivo. Is there any way to change the time of day that Tivo automatically connects for its dailly update. Right now it always happens in the evening. Any way to change it to the morning or is there a reason it does it in the evening.

2. MikeyB

MikeyB Distracted Member

Jan 7, 2005
    VA
    It chooses the update time fairly randomly. (I think based on the previous update time.) There is no way to change it yourself, only to manually force a connection.

3. wscannell

wscannell Member

Dec 6, 2003
    And manual connections do not necessarily change the time of the next connection.

4. iamsjn

iamsjn New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    REALLY? I was hoping that this would have been corrected by now! Right now my Series2 TiVo updates at 5:00AM. Problem is, I get up at 4:30 to get ready for work. I like to watch some news, drink some coffee and wake up slowly.

DING!!!

"Tivo needs to change the channel to receive some important updates..."

Sheeeeesh that torks me off!! There has GOT to be a way to change this.

SjN :mad:

5. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    This is not the normal update but a download of video content. Broadband updates of program guide do not affect what you are watchiong.

If you morning news fix is on a particular channel set it as a mannual recording with a "Keep at most 1" setting.

Michael