Any way to adjust output audio level (WAY too low now)?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by thesilb, Jan 2, 2006.

1. thesilb

thesilb Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I searched and only found this thread where someone seemed to report the same problem I am experiencing but nobody offered any suggestion as to why it was happening: (not permitted to post link, thread is #257558).

The issue is that my TIVO's output audio level is WAY below my other devices (Comcast box, 2 Replays). I usually have my TV set to volume level 40/100, however to get the identical volume level with TIVO I have to take it up to 80/100. This by itself would not be a problem, however at that level what you hear is mostly "buzz" and little actual volume. So my TIVO is almost unviewable because of this.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Thanks!

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Are you using different inputs on the TV for your various devices?

I see three possibilities,
    1) the TV input is bad
    2) you have a bad audio cable
    3) the TiVo has a bad output.

Try the TiVo on a different input.

3. boba195443016

boba195443016 New Member

Dec 9, 2006
    I have the same problem with my S3. The audio level on recorded TV is very low compared to all other sources I have. This is true on both the digital & the analog outputs. The audio level on downloads is quite comparable to other sources & much louder than recorded TV. This is annoying & sometimes speaker threatening when switching from recorded to downloaded programming.

Is there any way to increase the volume level of the recorded TV? Or a way to reduce the volume of downloaded TV or somehow equalize the two?