Any problems updating to 11.0K with upgraded HD on Series 3?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Morfious, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Morfious

Morfious Happy Roamio user

Jun 3, 2007
    Bucks County PA

Advertisements

I have been having some problems with my 1 TB upgraded TiVo drive for the last few weeks. I was getting a random "service data will run out on. . ." message despite the information being on the Tivo. Well the problem has gotten much worse in the last week. I noticed that the TiVo was NOT connecting to the TiVo servers properly and was getting the S03 error. (It would error out at the loading section of the connect to TiVo service screens). I tried the kickstart 57 and let it run for 3.5 hours. That seemed to do the trick and the Tivo connected and downloaded the program data for 1 day. However trying to reconnect to get the rest of the data brought back the S03 error. Frustrated and not wanting to miss my shows, I grabbed the old orig HD and plugged it back in. After numerous restarts and reconnections I have a working Tivo with the 11.0k software. (with the default 250 GB drive)

Has anyone else had problems or issues with trying to install the 11.0k update on a larger HD? The 1TB drive has been working fine up to this point and it's only 3 months old. Immediately after the upgrade the machine and drive worked flawlessly. I was planning on re-imaging the large drive and running a full scan on it to see if that cured the problem. Hoping someone in here would have some more info before I went to drastic steps. Thanks.

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Is this an S3 or a TiVo HD model? (Both are "Series 3".) No problems with 11.0k update on my THD with a 1 TB upgrade and I'm sure the same is true for most others or there would have been many posts by now.

3. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    I've got a 2TB Series 3 and had no issues getting the latest software update.

4. SCSIRAID

SCSIRAID Active Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Vero Beach, FL
    My S3 and THD (both with 1TB drives) upgraded fine. However, I did see the 'running out of guide data issue' on the S3 but it resolved on the next daily connnection.

5. mmcgown

mmcgown New Member

Feb 7, 2002
    Austin TX

Advertisements

I also have the "service will run out" messages. My unmodified TiVoHD with an external WD drive has been randomly showing this message for days, though all the guide data is there.

6. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    My S3 has 1TB internal + 1TB external, my THD has 2TB internal - I have had zero problems with upgrades or unexpected messages on either device.

7. Morfious

Jun 3, 2007
    Bucks County PA
    It's a tivo series 3 (S3) Not tivoHD. I have connected to the tivo severs no less than 6 times. Still I am unable to search for a show by name. Nothing comes up. No error messages on connection. I have just started the guided setup to repopulate the channels and show information. I just really want my tivo to work properly again.

8. mmcgown

mmcgown New Member

Feb 7, 2002
    Austin TX
    Well--the TiVo HD is just one of the several models in the Series 3 group, so I'm not sure how much difference that makes. I'm reasonably sure all the Series 3 models began the upgrade to 11.0k starting sometime early this month, but perhaps not everyone has received it yet. For the time being, my "service will run out" message seems to have gone into hiding.

9. Lrscpa

Lrscpa Member

Apr 20, 2003
    No problems here...

10. wtkflhn

wtkflhn Member

May 12, 2006
    Metairie, La
    I have a TIVO HD (652) with a 1tb drive. I had no problem getting the 11.0k software. Last weekend, I upgraded my S3 (648) to 2tb internal. Weaknees had them on sale for the same price as the 1tb drives. Both upgrades went great! Both had had WD 500g external drives which had crapped out. So I went tje internal drive route. Both drives got the 11.0k sw without incident.

Don H

11. Morfious

Jun 3, 2007
    Bucks County PA
    Well, I gave up and re-imaged the drive. Working just fine for the last 4 days. Daily connect and updated to 11k with no problems. probably a glitch on the drive during the update process. Thanks for the input.