Any plans for when Yahoo Photos closes?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by morac, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Aug 8, 2007 #1 of 13
    morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Yahoo Photos will be no more come September 20th, 2007. Actually as of now I don't have access to my Yahoo Photos via Yahoo's site anymore. I can still view them on my TiVo, but can't add/change/delete them.

I'm assuming come September 20th, Yahoo will wipe them out completely and the Yahoo Photos app will just fail to work completely.

Any ideas what's going to replace it or is just going to stick around and be broken?

2. Aug 8, 2007 #2 of 13
    Conodor

Conodor New Member

Apr 13, 2006
    hopefully they replace it with thier flikr site.

3. Aug 8, 2007 #3 of 13
    TokyoShoe

TokyoShoe Frustrated TiVoHD'er

Jul 27, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    They may as well swap out that program slot right now, you can't sign up for new Yahoo Photo accounts. Only existing onces can be used right now. I think a Flickr program would be good to roll out tho. I might actually sign up for a Flickr account and setup a site, under these circumstances.

4. Aug 8, 2007 #4 of 13
    dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I'm surprised they haven't moved it to Flickr yet, that is the logical choice since Yahoo owns them and made it the default move for Yahoo! Photos! Accounts!

Diane

5. iWish

iWish Member

May 15, 2005
    Is this feature just going to die?

I can't believe there is no word on this.

Sharing photos with distant relatives is a nice feature.

6. jkalnin

jkalnin Baad Spellor

Jan 8, 2003
    Warrington, PA
  7. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    In effect, Flickr has replaces Yahoo Photos.

It is just they cannot, for legal reasons, arbitrarily move Yahoo Photos accounts to Flickr. Yahoo Photos users have to take the initiative on their own to move their account to to Flickr.

8. Jeffho

Jeffho Member

Apr 8, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    It is actually very easy to switch to Flickr. Yahoo sent me the e-mail for the switch and it took only a few minutes to do. Then it e-mailed me when the transfer was complete. All in all a painless switch.

9. minckster

minckster New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Manhattan NYC
    Has TiVo said anything yet about they're going to do when Yahoo pulls the plug on Yahoo Photos? There's only 60 hours left.

10. Dmontgummy

Dmontgummy Member

Jul 31, 2002
    I also wish TiVo would say something! I switched my photos to Shutterfly because I do not like Flickr. I keep my photos as private and family in different parts of the country were always able to see them on their TiVo. The way I understand it, with Flickr if you have private photos people you invite to see them have to have an account with Flickr. Some don't want that. So for now I will use Shutterfly. But I wish TiVo would link to something that would make it easy to share my photos with friends and family again.

11. jkalnin

jkalnin Baad Spellor

Jan 8, 2003
    Warrington, PA
    Have you tried accessing it now? There is a message on there for what to do next. I believe Tivo made the switch to Photo Bucket.

12. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Well that doesn't really help me since I moved everything to Flickr. Oh well.

13. jkalnin

jkalnin Baad Spellor

Jan 8, 2003
    Warrington, PA
    Try looking up a few posts, I already covered that!