Any more 20.7.x updates coming?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Doug G, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Doug G

Doug G Member

Mar 3, 2005
    MA
    Loving the addition of skip mode, but wondering if there are any more maintenance releases in the 20.7.4RC stream? Or have we hit "harvest" mode at this point?

I just cloned a drive in a unit to a new (fully tested and 100% good) 2TB WD Purple drive and I'm still getting occasional reboots on my Premiere/4 which oddly enough seem to coincide with indexing every time they happen.

Was hoping a new fresh image download would clear up any potentially lingering minor corruption issues which might be responsible for this. Really don't want to have to start with a clean image and lose all my recordings, many of which can't be transferred.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    This post by @TiVo_Ted is relevant:
    20.7.4.RC30 has arrived......
    In particular:

krkaufman likes this.
  4. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I think it’s fair to say that any issues with Premieres are baked in now and retiring the box is all that will fix it. I wouldn’t be surprised if TiVo starts making offers on lifetime transfers from the Prems to Bolts over the next year or two.

5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Fixed that for ya. ;)

September 2017:
    July 2018:
    There have been other promos for older units the last few years, but I'm not sure how many other promos have included the Premiere series.

tim1724, CloudAtlas and PSU_Sudzi like this.
  6. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Thanks for the update! I haven’t paid close attention to these sales since I have a Roamio and who knows when there will be deals on them.

krkaufman likes this.