Any good trade up deals from S2D2 w/Lifetime?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by EdH, Feb 3, 2012.

1. EdH

EdH Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Stamford,...
    Hi,

Comcast will soon be all digital here and my S2D2 with Lifetime will only get one channel at a time.

So I'm thinking of getting a Premier. But I'm concerned about the cost to get Lifetime on the new box.

Are there any good deals out there?

Thanks for your help,

Ed

2. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    If you have the S2DT registered with Tivo then you qualify for the MSD. Check with Tivo for details but the last I knew, a Premiere with lifetime from Tivo was about $500 ($99 for the box and $399 for lifetime). That's a $100 savings with the MSD. An alternative would be to check eBay for an S3HD with lifetime. The going rate is somewhere around $300 and then you could sell the S2DT for at least half that.

3. EdH

EdH Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Stamford,...
    Thanks for the ebay suggestion. I'll check it out.

4. clemojrc

clemojrc New Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Ed,
    I have a TIVO Premier with legacy billing that I am willing to sell. When I told them that I wanted to cancel my TIVO Service they explained that I could transfer the Legacy service and the charge will never go up above the $10.95 a month that I am paying. If it is canceled then it will cost $19.95 a month to reactivate. I need to get rid of it because I have canceled Mediacom Cable and now have Direct TV. I am going to upgrade to Whole Home DVR Service. I live in Navarre Florida. Email me if you are interested.

Jimmy

5. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    This is new for TiVo as I never knew that TiVo would xfer any service to a new owner except Lifetime service. (I would recheck on that)

6. clemojrc

clemojrc New Member

Jan 24, 2012
    The TIVO Customer Support person told me that it could be transferred to the new owner when I called to cancel the service.
    Going to sale it in a yard sale this weekend. It also has 2 years warranty remaining. Perhaps this will transfer alsoi.
    Jimmy