Any Demand for Series 1 Thomson TiVo's ??

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by djb2002, Jul 5, 2020.

1. djb2002

djb2002 Member

May 1, 2006

Advertisements

I have around 4 or 5 original series one Thomson TiVo's in storage (all used).

Is there any demand for these anymore ?? - Trying to decide what to do with them.

Thanks

2. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Mine are in the loft - I suspect museums are now the only place for them :)

3. djb2002

djb2002 Member

May 1, 2006
    This is such a shame. Would feel so uncomfortable having to scrap these :(

OzSat likes this.
  4. djb2002

djb2002 Member

May 1, 2006
    Found more lol - Got 6 in total now.

5. dvdfever

dvdfever Member

Jun 2, 2002
    My town

Advertisements

I'm in the middle of having a clear-out, and I thought I had 2 or 3 of these, but I actually have 4! At least one has a 250Gb hard drive with network capability, and I was going to hook them all up and remind myself exactly what I had, but if I can't sell them, what's the point? I saw on Ebay UK there's one going for £40, but when I look at completed listings, there's only remotes and no actual main TiVo Series 1 units.

eugenel likes this.
  6. eugenel

eugenel New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Gloucestershire
    I'm still using my TIVO but increasingly often I lose the sound when it reboots after a power cut. I've had it since 2006 so am fairly attached to it. Would you part with a spare power supply from one of your boxes? Pretty please. If so, email me on eugenelambert AT hotmail.com.

7. dvdfever

dvdfever Member

Jun 2, 2002
    My town
    Thanks, but I'm in Manchester, and I'd rather just offload them as a whole with someone collecting them, rather than trying to take it apart and carefully wrap something up which I'd probably break when taking it out. If anyone wants these, I'll hang onto them for a few days, but after that, I'm going to have to get rid, alas.

eugenel likes this.
  8. eugenel

eugenel New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Gloucestershire
    Fair enough.

9. dvdfever

dvdfever Member

Jun 2, 2002
    My town
    Just coming back to this. I had a look at all 4 units, and only 3 were ready to plug in since, for some reason, I took the hard drive out of one a while back. I presume it's the one that's in the box next to it, but I wasn't about to start faffing about with any of these much. As for the other three, I tried plugging them in and hooking them up to a TV. Only two would come on, but neither would display on the TV via SCART. They haven't been plugged in for a very long time indeed, so I assume everything important inside is goosed. I'll be black-bagging them up and leaving them out in the bin for Mr Binman soon enough.