Any Delete Shortcuts?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Gregavi, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Apr 6, 2020 #1 of 35
    Gregavi

Gregavi Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Santa...
    Hi, I just switched back to a TiVo after about a 13 year absence. With my previous DVR (Contour 2 from Cox Cable) the "D" command would take you to a "Delete" screen. A shortcut to delete. So, for instance, you could be at the end of a recorded program, hit "D" and "Delete Now" screen will show. One more click and the program is deleted. Anything like that with TiVo? I don't see any way to "Delete" a program quickly while I'm watching it unless it's at the very end of the program and then it prompts me to "Delete" or "Save".
    Thanks in advance.

2. Apr 6, 2020 #2 of 35
    kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    In the Now Playing screen, the 'clear' button will delete in pretty short order.

-KP

bareyb likes this.
  3. Apr 6, 2020 #3 of 35
    HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    While watching the show try hitting the ->| button to skip to the end, followed by the TiVo button which gets you the Keep/Delete screen.

Scott

4. Apr 6, 2020 #4 of 35
    thefisch

thefisch Member

Jul 25, 2015
    The Clear button will delete shows from My Shows menu. So you could hit back to get to my shows and then clear. Or you could hold down the 30 second skip button to jump to end of recorded program and then trigger the delete option just like when watching to the end.

5. Apr 6, 2020 #5 of 35
    ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You can always press the Left arrow to exit the playing show and return to the Shows list. If you are within 5 minutes of the end, it will ask to delete or keep. While in the Shows list, highlighting the show or folder and pressing Clear will delete, and if on a folder, it will ask to confirm.

Mikeguy likes this.
  6. Apr 6, 2020 #6 of 35
    kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Also, I batch delete with KMTTG regularly. Mostly the TiVo Suggestions folder.

-KP

7. Apr 7, 2020 #7 of 35
    Gregavi

Gregavi Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Santa...
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Another question. Is there a way to convert the 30 sec slip to instant skip?

8. Apr 7, 2020 #8 of 35
    ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    While playing a show, press Select-Play-Select-3-0-Select.
    While in Live TV, add an extra Select to the front of sequence, on a screen clear of Tivo dialog.
    You will hear 3 dings if successful.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  9. Apr 7, 2020 #9 of 35
    kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Pretty much all the SPS Shortcuts are built in to KMTTG, so, in my opinion, it's better to learn it sooner than later.

-KP

10. Gregavi

Gregavi Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Santa...
    Not yet using pyTiVo. Can't find TiVo Media Access Key. I've looked through the Settings menu and can't find the Key. Where do I find it? My pyTiVo desktop says "No TiVos Found.

11. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Settings, Help, Account & System Info, Media Access Key

Or there is a link if you log into your account on tivo.com

12. Gregavi

Gregavi Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Santa...
    Tried that last week and it didn't work. Tried again and it didn't work again. Tried once more with my RF Remote and it worked. Not sure why but thanks.

13. Gregavi

Gregavi Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Santa...
    Another issue I'm having. The TiVo Remote sound effects dings are no longer audible. I checked that the sound effects was on and it is set to medium. Any suggestions?

14. Gregavi

Gregavi Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Santa...
    Thanks. OK found it. Now on pyTiVo, still says No TiVos found. The TiVo and my PC running py are hard wired to the same network. Ideas?

15. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You may need to completely shut down pyTivo, including the tray app, and restart it. Sometimes that soft reset it does when you change the settings doesn’t work.

If that doesn’t work then it's likely a firewall issue. The first time you launch pyTivo it should ask you about allowing it to access the firewall. If it didn’t, or you answered no, you'll have to either punch holes manually or uninstall and then reinstall so that it asks again.

16. Gregavi

Gregavi Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Santa...
    Tried reinstalling py and desktop. Tried Firewall allowing. Still no TiVos found.

17. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Can you use your browser (as a test).

https:// [your Tivo IP here] /nowplaying/index.html

See if you can get a login screen. You can login as user: tivo and PW is your Media Access Key.

18. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Sound effects are disabled when there is an active video window and that content has DD audio. You can disable DD and use PCM in the Settings menu. You can also disable the video window with the Slow button.

19. Gregavi

Gregavi Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Santa...
    With that address I get "This site can’t be reached". If I use the same address without the "now playing" in the address, I get
    Congratulations!
    You've successfully connected your TiVo® box to your broadband-Internet-connected home network, enabling a number of exciting new features:[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  20. Gregavi

Gregavi Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Santa...
    Thanks