Any Deals on Service now that it's included with Roamio?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Koderkev, Sep 6, 2017.

Assuming there are no service deals, would you...

1. Buy a new Roamio for the free service,

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Bite the bullet and pay the lifetime price

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Continue with the monthly service

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. None of these

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Koderkev

Koderkev New Tivo Owner

Feb 23, 2015
    Central...

Advertisements

Recently Comcast/Xfinity offered me a deal on faster internet and more channels for less than I was paying at the time. The deal came with the voice remote, which I thought would be simpler for my elderly dad. So I am taking the Roamio back to my room (YAY!). We've been doing the monthly service plan but with the current Roamio lifetime deals I thought I'd check to see if they had a deal on service for the older Roamios. But the price is still the $549 price.
    Why would I pay for lifetime at that rate when I could just go buy a new Roamio for about 1/2 that? Is there some secret deal I don't know about? The math makes no sense, so I feel I must be being really dense. I've had the current Roamio for 2 years plus about 6 months. Do they ever pro-rate the lifetime? Any info is really appreciated.

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Sounds like you are talking about the Roamio OTA that comes with lifetime/All-in which only does OTA and no cable so that wouldn't do you any good although users have reported using the CableCARD socket from a Roamio Basic (which I assume you have?) or purchasing a socket that is close enough that it works and turning a Roamio OTA into a Roamio Basic.

Scott

Koderkev likes this.
  3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You would not be able to get any discount on service unless you call and ask. Online prices are fixed.

Koderkev likes this.
  4. Koderkev

Koderkev New Tivo Owner

Feb 23, 2015
    Central...
    OK, there's the glitch in my thinking. When I saw Roamio OTA I thought they were referring to my Roamio Basic, since I know it does OTA also. NOW the math makes sense, LOL. Thanks for clearing that up.