ANTModel: 5/16 "The Girl Who Becomes 'America's Next Top Model' "

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gossamer88, May 16, 2007.

1. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx

Advertisements

Sorry katbug...beat you to it...too excited 'bout my...uhm...girl winning!!

So cool that a latina won. My wife actually had tears streaming down her face. We thought for a moment that Natasha was going to take it. She would've been a great choice this or any other season. Haven't seen a finale this close to call.

Most of these girls will have modeling careers. No doubt Reene will. But as was said tme and time again, her looks were too "mature" (to put it nicely).

GO JASLENE!!

2. beccakell13

beccakell13 :)

Apr 4, 2007
    A little...
    I was surprised to see that Reene didn't even make it to the final 2. But I like Natasha, and at first I didn't like Jaslene, but she did very well in all of her shoots!

3. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    Great finale (and I'll forgive you for beating me to the post, lol)! It's always sad when they say a model looks too old, especially that far into the competition. They should have noticed it earlier and spared her all the hard work, but I suppose she doesn't mind too much, getting more exposure and more professional photos for her portfolio.

I was a little bit sad that Natasha didn't win it, but am happy for Jaslene too. This was a very strong season. I can't remember a season when I'd thought that many of them would be great top models.

And a sidenote: I just love that photo of Jas in the school stereotypes photo shoot! That is one I could just look at all day and never tire of (not in that way, lol...just that it's just so cool!). ;0)

4. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    Well, Renee will probably be able to get work as a model with her exposure. PArt of the age thing was inparticular to the Cover Girl deal too I think since they usually look for particularly fresh faces.

My wife really wanted Natasha to win and was mad about it the rest of teh night. PErsonally, I did not liker her.

5. pick-me-up

pick-me-up New Member

Apr 5, 2007

Advertisements

Good gosh....please don't talk Jaslene. She had some good shoots early on, but did basically squat after the 4th week. I realize you don't have to have a heart and be human to be a model, but she is a downright bloody biatch and I cannot support a loser like her, Renae, or Dione for that matter. When it is such a 'close call', you give it to the person with personality, heart, and ability to adapt and learn.....they screwed up!

6. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I did give you props when I titled the thread. ;)

7. rihannsu

rihannsu New Member

Oct 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I was all for Jaslene until the other 3 started ganging up on Natasha. After that I started to pull for Natasha.

Seeing how strong Jaslene's photos were, I can see how they went with her. But I still think Natasha is more versatile

8. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    Awesome final episode...I did not know who they might choose. Looked to me like Nigel wanted Natasha but could not convince the others of her ability. Jaslene did take some great photo's but I think she had lost her personality in the contest. I actually was quite surprised at the final two but was happy to say the least.

The final runway show was one of the best from any season in my opinion.

Remember to try and catch the Tyra Banks show for the return of Natasha from the challenge she had won earlier in the competition.

9. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    I just watched this whole season this weekend. I hated Natasha from the start. She acts like a sex kitten and can't stand her pouty mouth! For some reason I thought she looked short, like more of 5'3" or so. I guess next to Jaslene she also looked a bit chunky. Jaslene is just a bag of bones, but I guess clothes will look good on her.