1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antenna Scan not picking up all channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Weezknight, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Weezknight

Weezknight New Member

Nov 10, 2013
    I'm in the Philadelphia area, and today I noticed that on my Roamio OTA I was missing a few channels. Specifially 29-1 & 29-2. Oddly enough, 29-3 was still there.

I have reset the box, and rescanned multiple times and it is STILL only picking up 1 of the 3 channels. What would cause this? Every other TV in the house is picking up all channels at 80%+. There is no reason to believe the Roamio can't see them.

I really wish there was an option to force add a channel manually.

kpeters59 likes this.
  2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If any of those televisions have diagnostics, you might compare the frequencies and sub-channel (program number). I don't see any indication that WTXF is involved with the spectrum repack. BTW, there should be a 29-4.

WTXF-TV - Wikipedia

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  3. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    TiVo channel scans do NOT function like a normal TV channel scan - their only purpose seems to be to totally screw up the selected channel list beyond all sane reasoning. Please do not ask why the TiVo channel scan is not really a channel scan - I don't think any human actually understands what it is doing. We all KNOW what it SHOULD be doing, but it just ain't so.

Your problem is from a screwed up channel lineup in the TiVo mothership, and only they can fix it.

Open a problem report and prepare to be upset.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  4. Weezknight

Weezknight New Member

Nov 10, 2013
    ...and just like that, this morning, the Roamio decided the channels were there all along and just decided to add them back. Good grief.

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    WTXF (and subs) were just added to my lineup.