Antec MX-1 eSATA External Enclosure - $39.99 AR at newegg.com + Ship

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by raiden256, Aug 24, 2007.

1. raiden256

raiden256 Member

Mar 30, 2002
  2. richsadams

richsadams Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2003
  3. snathanb

snathanb New Member

Sep 13, 2006
    The rebate is only good for a 2 week period, just about to end. Giving its transient nature, why put it in the stickied thread?

4. richsadams

richsadams Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Because that's where all of the pertinent information on this subject is located...and the information you posted is already there?

Edit: My response sounded a bit harsh after I read it. Apologies, your intentions are worthy. It's a good rule of thumb to limit the number of extraneous and duplicate posts on the forum as they take up space and often waste people's time. Plus keeping information about a particular subject (particularly when it is very specialized like this) all in one place is just common sense. Invariably when a new post on an existing subject appears it seems to compel people to start posting comments and questions that are better suited to the existing thread (especially if it's a "sticky"). The additional questions and comments may have already been addressed or will be better responded to if they are added to the existing thread. :)

5. snathanb

snathanb New Member

Sep 13, 2006
    It should be noted, Rich, that I was NOT the OP. Therefore, I did not post the original information. However, nothing is more frustrating than reading through a stickied thread about sale prices and rebates that have long since expired.

I quit reading the stickied thread long ago... and would have COMPLETELY MISSED the information about the rebate had it not been in a separate thread. The subject of the new thread was about a short term REBATE, not about eSATA expansion.

It is also frustrating to read posts from "armchair moderators" making comments about other users posts. We have mods, let them do their jobs.

If my post sounds harsh... then good. The new thread was of high value to me.

6. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    :up: :up: :up:

7. cbrrider

cbrrider Active Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Portland, OR
    And me too. Just placed the order today. Thanks.