Another how to connect...

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by Ovit-UK, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Ovit-UK

Ovit-UK New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    U.K
    Just got a Virgin digital box Samsung 2110c which hopefully will work with a Sky Digital box connected to my TIVO, engineer left it as was but now im confused. Its working for the last few years without the little wand things but could never see the analogue cable -is there a way to watch/record cable and if so what should I do?

As a second issue, my box has a lifetime sub , what happens if I buy a box with an upgraded harddrive (120gb) that has no sub will I be able to transfer! My Tivo keeps dying every six weeks or so.It then comes back after 2/3 weeks being left alone.

Everything is on a tight budget

2. AMc

AMc Active Member

Mar 22, 2002
    East of England
    You aren't going to be able to record Digital Cable AND Sky together with one Tivo - there is an option to make Sky+Freeview work together but not cable. You'll need to pick the one with the most channels you want to record and connect that to the Tivo AUX socket and run guided set up for that service. Then connect the other box directly to your TVs 2nd SCART input to watch those programmes live.

If you buy another box you might be lucky and get your subscription transfered but as the subscription is for the lifetime of the box there is no reason for Tivo Customer Services to do that for you and they may well refuse.

It would probably be better to describe how your Tivo is misbehaving and we will be able to help you work out if you need a new powersupply or hard drive - both of which should be no more expensive than an eBay Tivo.