Another 1000 free TiVos - letter through the post

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by mikerr, Feb 16, 2011.

1. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Lancashire, UK

Advertisements

Just received this through the post - I think they're sending it to all XL TV customers:

[​IMG][​IMG]

To save you squinting here's the text:

There's a unique code on the ticket on the front, so no point randomly going to that url.

Only problem is - I already have one !

This might be the first many VM customers hear of TiVo - but it doesn't actually mention any features on the leaflet...

2. deshepherd

deshepherd New Member

Nov 30, 2000
    Bristol, UK
    Sounds like pretty good marketing strategy ... a lot of people will respond to a "something for nothing" offer - only 1000 get given away free then they've got the rest to send another letter saying "sorry, you're not one of the winners, but to help cheer you up we're offering you a special deal of £149 with free install if you decide to sign up in the next 30 day."

3. deesee

deesee New Member

Nov 4, 2002
    harrogate...
    I had my tivo fitted yesterday, today i received my card from virgin, i went on line and entered my details, should i be lucky and win, i will tell them to give me the 12mths free, and ask for my £149 back.:D

4. nektar

nektar New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    I wonder if you could get a 2nd TiVo box this way? My daughter uses the S1 TiVo and now it is going to become defunct I may be in the market for another?

5. dmchapman

dmchapman New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Folkestone,...

Advertisements

bah, no card, no phonecall :-(

I'm an XL customer as well... missed TiVo the last year - getting impatient!

6. doctor.steve

doctor.steve Member

Jan 17, 2003
    South Yorkshire
    Got the card today - got installed on Tuesday...

Does this mean if I "win" I can get £149.99 on installation and £3 a month back ;)

7. merlin

merlin New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    I also got my card today... so it will be interesting what will happen if I win? As I have already paid!!