Annoying audio drop outs on my bolt

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tivoknucklehead, Oct 8, 2019.

1. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida

Advertisements

Usually Every minute or two I’m getting 1 second audio drop outs. The led lights on my Onkyo receiver do not change during these drop outs. All my devices are connected to a Caavo switch, which outputs to my Onkyo receiver. I have had zero drop outs on the other devices connected to the caavo, namely a roku a fire tv and an Apple TV. Switching the hdmi cable from the TiVo to the caavo did not fix so I’m thinking it has to be the bolt. Anyone else? Has been happening for a couple of weeks

2. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    No problems with my Bolt, but it is connected directly to an HDMI port on my AVR, not a switch. A couple suggestions to try...

Bypass the switch and connect the Bolt directly to your receiver.
    Toggle the Audio Setting on your Bolt. Probably from Dolby to PCM only, or vice versa.

However, it just started happening couple weeks ago? It was fine before that? That's strange.

3. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    Turns out it was a bad hdmi port on the caavo. When I connected the bolt directly to my Onkyo the audio drops stopped

justen_m likes this.