Animal Planet & Discovery ID Logos Incorrect

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by FitzAusTex, May 11, 2016.

1. FitzAusTex

FitzAusTex Member

May 7, 2014
    For about two weeks now, my Animal Planet and Discovery ID logos have been using the regular Discovery Channel logo. I'm Time Warner Austin, TX.

Everyone else seeing this, or is this specific to provider/location?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Curious. They look ok on my feed. Only bad logo I have is MSNBC.

3. ss-stingray

ss-stingray Sony DHG refugee

Aug 24, 2013
    Port...
    You should see my Antenna Tv logo. I have a 65 inch Tv and your need a magnifying glass to see it .......

4. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    On the standard definition Animal Planet channel, I'm seeing the Discovery Channel logo, however I'm seeing the correct Animal Planet HD logo on the high definition channel. I'm also seeing the Discovery Channel logo on the standard definition ID channel. I'm on Comcast on the East Coast.

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Ok, that threw me. I forget SD still exists. My SD logo for APL is also wrong. Not Comcast.

6. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    TiVo did some massive logo updates over the last month so this one must of got flipped during the update. I haven't watched an SD channel in years so I would of never seen this one.

7. FitzAusTex

FitzAusTex Member

May 7, 2014
    Thanks. Time Warner doesn't show you the SD channel if the channel is also available in HD. At any rate, sounds like a Tivo issue, since TWC maps the SD channel to the HD channel, and the SD logos from Tivo appear to be wrong on more than just TWC.

8. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Unless you still record in SD, you should remove the SD channels from your channel list if you have them in HD. It makes navigating the guide much easier and wishlists won't record from the SD channel.

9. FitzAusTex

FitzAusTex Member

May 7, 2014
    yeah, my point was that twc doesn't have SD channels in the channel list if they provide a channel in hd. And back to the point I made in my OP, Animal and ID have the Discovery logos now, and not their own any longer.