Angels baseball TWC

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jazmaan, Aug 15, 2007.

1. jazmaan

jazmaan New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Ok this isn't really a Tivo problem, but I never noticed it until I got my Tivo HD.

I'm an Angels baseball fan. When I bought my Tivo HD I signed up for Time Warner's "HD Tier" in West L.A. Only after a week or two did I notice that TWC in West L.A. does not carry Angel's games in Hi Def! During every Angels game they have ads for FSN HD. "Call your cable provider" they say. Well I did call TWC and all they could say was "We don't offer that channel". Not only that but occassionally the Angels games are carried on KCOP in HD. But TWC doesn't carry the KCOP HD channel either!

What's an Angels fan to do?

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Find another carrier!
    DirecTV maybe?

3. jazmaan

jazmaan New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Never mind. A visit to the Angels website informed me that TWC carries "selected" FSN HD games on channel 413 "FSN Special Events Channel". Better than nothing!

4. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    I don't believe DirecTV carries either FSN or KCOP in HD, at present.

5. werdna9

werdna9 New Member

Mar 13, 2006
    switch to Verizon Fios!

6. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    KCOP HD can be received with an ordinary TV antenna.

7. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Only possible if your phone service is Verizon - lots of southern california is ATT.

8. jazmaan

jazmaan New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Verizon FIOS is not available in West L.A.

One reason I still use my little indoor HD antenna is to get KCOP HD (which unfortunately can be kind of hit-or-miss in terms of reception.) But it makes me mad that TWC doesn't carry it.
    I read online that KCOP HD is only 480p. Maybe that's why?

I have my indoor antenna hooked directly into my TV instead of into Tivo because I didn't want to deal with all the duplicate listings. I can definitely see the difference between OTA HD and cable HD. OTA is better!