Angel - The Complete Series Box Set!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Aug 14, 2007.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
  2. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    Looks like the same format as the Buffy Chosen Edition disks. I'll probably look at it again around holiday time and see if I can find a deal on it like I got on the Buffy set.

3. Rosincrans

Rosincrans mad north-north-west

May 3, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    They've had the single seasons at Costco for $16.99. That's a better deal, just no box. (And you can buy in installments)

4. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I have them all already. What makes the 'boxed' set so special? more disks? more special stuff? I am a big Angel fan, and yet, not a Buffy fan.

5. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    The only thing "special", as far as I can tell, is one disk of "extras" and a letter to fans from Joss.

6. jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA
    The main (pretty much only) reason I replaced my individual Buffy season sets was shelf space. I built my own DVD shelves/cases and was running out of room. Since I've already replaced my original Angel sets with the "slim sets" I wouldn't be gaining very much. I did actually make a profit replacing the Buffy sets (selling used, buying new) and broke even on the Angels, but it's just not worth the trouble.

We're still watching both series for the first time - they've been mostly summer viewing for us the past few years. Just finished the first discs of Buffy S7 and Angel S4. We used to alternate episode-by-episode back when there were occasional crossovers, but now we just go disc-by-disc.

7. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I'll likely go for the box set (if I get it at all)... While I am a fan, I have all of the episodes queued up in my TiVo and am already on season 3... Not sure I need to own the DVDs cuz I am not sure whether I will have the desire to rewatch the series again... For me, it's a $6 difference and I get it all in a compact box with possibly some extras...

Amazon
    - $97.99
    - No sales tax, no shipping charges

CostCo
    - $91.96
    - 16.99 * 5 Seasons + 8.25% California Sales Tax

8. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I'm SOOOOOOO jealous. I wish I was watching for the first time!

9. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    You know it's funny...I mean funny = ironic, but I love Angel and like Buffy, but only the parts of the episodes when there isn't a lot of 'Buffy' in them. Love Xander, Willow, Spike and the rest, but she makes my teeth grind.

10. Rosincrans

Rosincrans mad north-north-west

May 3, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    I liked the WB Buffy, but I never cared for the post resurrection Buffy. The sour taste that the ending of Buffy left in my mouth has kept me from picking up any of the seasons.

11. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Wait a few years and you'll probably be able to get yet more space by buying the seasons on 3 or 4 HD/BluRay DVDs.