Android Bar file for Playbook

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by jdgarrido, Jan 6, 2012.

1. jdgarrido

jdgarrido JD305

Jan 17, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    For those with Blackberry playbooks below you will find the link to a converted bar file. Thanks goes to kn0ff from the crackberry.com forums for converting it. I have used it a little and it seems to run good.

Have fun.:up:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3e9roqsb6oczsrf

2. ghgrossman

ghgrossman New Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Anyone else having issue using the Tivo App for Android on the Poaybook? In my case, the application runs, allows sign in, and function correctly in "Away" mode. Unfortunately, it will not find my DVRs through use of the network remote connectivity enabled on both Series 3 and Premiere DVRs. All devices are connected to the same home network/router. Anyone out there stalled at this point or found a resolution? Many thanks for any help!!

3. colforbin13

colforbin13 New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Nice, I was planning on trying to convert this myself, but never got around to it. Can't wait to try it when I get home.

4. colforbin13

colforbin13 New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Ok, I gave it a shot and I'm having the same problem of it not finding any DVRs on the network. I've got the app on my iPod Touch, and it connects to my Premiere fine, so it's not the network. I guess it must be something with the way the network works through the Android App Player. Perhaps this will be fixed when the final version of OS 2.0 comes out in a couple weeks?

5. Bulldawg9908

Bulldawg9908 Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Same problem here. Works fine in away mode, and it is very convenient for scheduling recordings while I'm watching. Much better than my.tivo.com.

But, it does not find my TiVo, so I can't access all of the features.

edit: It works fine on my wife's Android phone, so the configuration is all correct. Just the app won't work right on the PlayBook.

6. rcobourn

rcobourn Registered Snoozer

Nov 10, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    In my experience the app can rarely find my TiVos while running natively on an android phone or tablet, so this may not be anything special due to running on the Playbook.

7. ghgrossman

ghgrossman New Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Anyone located a converted APK file for newly released version of Tivo for Android (v.1.6.6)??