And the Winner is NOT (SP Deleted) Fall 2011 version

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, Sep 28, 2011.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I thought I would start a thread for "SP Deleted". Shows you have given up on. You tried it, maybe tried several episodes, but finally, it's kill the SP time. There is a thread "Place your bets for the first cancelled show of 2011", but it's oriented towards which show a network will cancel first, regardless of your own personal likes & dislikes. So rather than threadjack, I thought I would start a new thread.

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    The only ones I've bailed on so far are Whitney and Charlie's Angels. I still have some pilots that I have yet to watch, so my SP Deleted total may increase. I usually don't delete to many because I'm pretty good about only choosing shows that interest me enough. I wasn't going to check out either of those two but had an open tuner and gave them a shot.

3. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I'm trying about 14,15 new shows, plus a few cable shows that haven't premiered yet. First SP deleted...

New Girl. The pilot was ok. But the 2nd episode was just too much Zooey for me. Alan Sepinwall said it best, "Jess is so quirky as to border on cartoonish and/or insufferable". It just seemed to me like she was playing a character, rather than being a character.

There are several more that are on the edge--waiting for one more eps to make a decision. Up All Night, Free Agents, and a couple more.

Looking forward to Suburgatory tonight.

4. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Prime Suspect, Free Agents, New Girl have bit the dust in my house.

5. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Haven't axed any yet, but Unforgettable could end up there - if I don't forget! :)

6. sburnside1

sburnside1 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I am cutting New Girl.

On the edge are Unforgettable, Charlies Angels, Persons of Interest, and Prime Suspect.

We have decided to keep Ringer and Revenge. Ringer moves so slow that its easy for my wife to follow (English is her 2nd language) and they beat you over the head with every clue. Revenge takes more explaining, but the story seems interesting so far. Last night my wife was asking who was hotter, SMG or Emily VanCamp. We agreed on SMG.

7. Flop

Flop Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Oklahoma
    New Girl, Free Agents, (never even tried Whitney)... Several others I still have a SP set but only because the tuner is available.

8. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    Free Agents, Up All Night , and 2 Broke Girls are off our SP list.

9. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    So far, nothing.. But so far, with one exception, I've only seen one episode of of all the new shows I have SPs for.

the exception is "2 Broke Girls". I've seen two episodes. And the second wasn't as good as the pilot. It's inching close to cancel the SP territory.

10. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Last night I removed recording New Girl and 2 Broke Girls. I also removed recordings of Charlies Angels, Hawaii Five-O and Unforgettable before even watching the episode I had recorded. Oh yeah, I gave up on Up all Night after 2 episodes.

11. robbhimself

robbhimself Member

Sep 13, 2006
    i think i'm giving up on "up all night", i really wanted to like it, but it's just comes off as too forced

12. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    It'd be easier to list the couple I'm still giving a chance. (Although about half the new shows I haven't check out yet).
    But there are a bunch that had no interest for me: Up All Night, Whitney, Free Agents, Person of Interest, Revenge, Ringer

13. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Already kicked the SP for Free Agents to the curb.

14. SLJackson

SLJackson New Member

May 17, 2010
    Charlie's Angels so far. I can't even give it a second chance!

15. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    2.5 Men
    Prime Suspect

16. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Free Agents is the only one I have deleted so far.

17. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    2 1/2 Men is probably next on the chopping block. I enjoyed the show in the past and am giving it an extra long chance

18. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Free Agents is my first casualty. On the bubble...The Playboy Club, Up All Night, New Girl, and Persons of Interest. All have SOME reason to think it could get better.

19. mike_k

mike_k Registered User

Sep 20, 2005
    Mason, OH
    Whitney and Up All Night are gone, New Girl is on the block.

20. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Same for me. I like Berta, if they use her more, now that she is moving in, I might stick around for awhile.