Anchorwoman 8/22

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Turtleboy, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale

Advertisements

Ok, I missed the first few minutes and was watching off and on.

What's the deal? Is this real? Is it scripted? I don't get it.

2. teknikel

teknikel Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Baltimore
    I caught only a couple of minutes and I noticed one person from "Degrassi" so it is probably semi-scripted/improv. It looked interesting though but I used to work at a TV station.

3. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    They call it a "reality/comedy hybrid." KYTX is a real Texas television station (CBS affiliate, interestingly enough), and the personalities featured are all employees of KYTX.

4. betativoII

betativoII Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    I worked for several years at the ABC affiliate in Lufkin, which is owned by the same company that owns the ABC affiliate in Tyler.

I recognized Phil Hurley, the station owner/manager. Prior to starting KYTX, he was responsible for building the NBC stations in Nacogdoches and Tyler.

There's one other guy that I recognized, but I can't remember his name. He was the black guy in the background a lot...he was the one laughing with the chief photog while they were playing back the video of Lauren dancing in the background of the live shot.

The problem is, I've either worked with him in Lufkin, Tyler, or at the ABC station here in Houston, but I can't remember which one and it's bothering me!!

5. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004

Advertisements

How could this show possibly be bad? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. etexlady

etexlady Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2002
    East Texas
    Yeah, I live in the town where the station is located. Per the gossip that has been going around, the professional newsroom people were none too happy to have to endure this "reality" show. Rather hypocritical of the station manager to promote this silliness when he has been quick to make judgements about network programming and has often refused to air some programs that were, in his opinion, too risque for this uber-conservative community.

7. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I thought this show was great. Very entertaining.

The funniest part to me though, si when they keep showing one of the station billboards the one guy in the middle is blurred out. I wonder if that is someone who left, or someone who is there and refused to participate.

I think it gives an interesting glimpse into the newsroom process for those of us who have no clue.

Don't know if I can take the protestations of integrity and serious journalism to much too heart from a station who has a dog as a weather man. Although entirely appropriate considering what weathermen do and how worthless they are in their chosen profession.

8. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    +1

Weatherdog was just ridiculous.

From what I hear she ended up doing a pretty good job before it was all over. I bet if she lost the mega-tan and a little bit of the [sobbing] booby [/sobbing] she would make a credible newsperson.

9. EchoBravo

EchoBravo TV-MA LSV

Apr 20, 2002
    PHX, AZ
    There was a LOT of stuff blurred out throughout the hour. Very distracting. I thought I was watching The Real World for a minute.

Definitely. It was funny to hear the Analisa, the dark-haired producer/reporter/anchor/dog-walker, so bitter about Lauren when she shares the set with "Stormy the Weather Dog."

Speaking of Analisa, I wonder if she's really that unlikeable or just edited that way for the "reality" show? Analisa... Honey, believe me. NO-ONE is going to mistake you for a bikini model. No-one. Don't take yourself so seriously and maybe you can move up to Lubbock or Flint or Yuma someday.

10. ParadiseDave

ParadiseDave Ignore this!

Jun 8, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    I was born and raised in Tyler, and worked for Phil Hurley at KETK (REEEgion 56 back then) for 5 years. Howdy, betativoII and etexlady! Butch Adair from KLTV gave me my start in television back in 1987, running cameras and sound at Marvin Methodist church.

I have this show recorded, but will not have time to watch it until this weeked. I can't wait to see if anyone I know from KETK moved over to KYTX with Phil.

11. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    the best part was when they were interviewing someome live and she was sitting in her chair in the back and she fell off the chair and then made some funny gestures while kneeling on the floor.

12. betativoII

betativoII Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, KETK was our competition. I worked at KTRE for several years. I would go to Tyler on occasion, so I knew a few folks at KLTV, but we are talking 12 years ago. But being in the "biz" in a small market, I knew of Phil Hurley just by name.

I am still bothered because I recognize that one guy, but can't from where I know him...he's the one who Lauren winked and waved at in the newsroom during the morning meeting. He winked and smiled back at her.

13. lambertman

lambertman Chris Lambert, man

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    It's been canceled. Link to come.

14. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Man, that's gotta suck for KYTX... they put up with the filming of this reality show, probably in the hopes that it would help to bump their ratings... now it gets cancelled after one airing? Ouch.

15. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    Looking for the DVD with 'extras' then!! :D

16. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
  17. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    There was someone seen in the news meetings with her face blurred out, so I assume that's a second person who refused to participate.

I couldn't help but notice that on the footage taken from actual newscasts, the "lower third" graphics were obviously fake, which I assume was to get rid of the CBS logo.

Oh, well, I guess all of this is moot now. :D

18. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
  19. kenr

kenr New Member

Dec 26, 1999
    Florham...
  20. TiVoKate

TiVoKate Cue the circus music

Nov 14, 2003
    Natick, MA
    Per the iwon.com article that was linked above... they'll show unaired shows on Fox On Demand.

Fox is the worst. How about a new timeslot? How about putting it on Fox Reality?