An old problem is back

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by sgreen0, Mar 18, 2011.

1. sgreen0

sgreen0 New Member

Sep 3, 2005

Advertisements

Wish List for Daily Show and Colbert Report is recording reruns.

I just received a new Tivo Premiere and created Wish List items exactly as they were in my Series 2 - including "-A Humorous Slant", for example.

Looking at my To Do List, all airings of these shows are listed.

Has the logic changed? I DO notice that The Tivo Guide now shows the episodes as reruns ("R") as well as showing the correct guest info. Perhaps the old tricks don't work anymore???

Stephen

Follow-up:

I figured that since the Guide is showing the program info more accurately than before, the I'd try entering these as Season Passes - asking for no reruns - instead of Wish Lists. We'll see how that goes...

Stephen

2. mec1991

mec1991 Cranky old coot

Nov 5, 2004
    Back home...
    Best way is just to set up a manual repeating recording.

3. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    I don't believe the TiVo uses (R) to determine if it's a rerun or not.

If it's a brand new TiVo then your new machine hasn't builit up the history to determine if this is a rerun or not so it records it just in case.

After you've had the TiVo running for awhile the Tupper Method™ that you had set up on the Series 2 should work on the new machine.

4. KCcardsfan

KCcardsfan New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    I have only had my TIVO for about a month and have had no problem with it recording reruns. Obviously I don't have any sort of recording history or library to speak of so I don't think they use that. My guess is that programmer has to mark it somehow and something isn't being done right in that process.

5. sgreen0

sgreen0 New Member

Sep 3, 2005

Advertisements

If I remember correctly, the Guide never had precise details about the rerun's content and the descriptions were the same for every one ("A humorous slant..." - hence the effectiveness of the "Tupper" method).

But now, the Guide shows the details correctly, though differently. There is no "A humorous slant...").

Here, for instance, is what is listed for Monday night at 11:00 PM:

"Sarah Vowell" Comedy, Interview, Talk Show (2011) Author Sarah Vowell ("Unfamiliar Fishes" ). (HD, CC)

And for Tuesday morning at 9:30 AM:

"Sarah Vowell" (2011) Author Sarah Vowell ("Unfamiliar Fishes"). (HD, CC, R)

If it matters, I'm in southern California...

Stephen