An odd problem on my Series 3

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by MickeS, Sep 13, 2007.

1. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002

Advertisements

I haven't seen this problem mentioned here.

Sometimes when I go to live TV, the video is "choppy". Think a low frame rate video over the web. The audio is fine, and everything is synced, it just seems to be showing maybe 10 fps instead of 30.

If I get out of live TV, to the main TiVo screen for example, and go back, everything is fine again.

Anyone else experience this? Since it goes away easily, it's not a big problem, just curious.

2. demon

demon BURNINATOR

Nov 15, 2006
    Western SD
    Hm, I've seen this on occasion as well; it seems (not sure) to only happen on analog channels (at least for me). I find that pausing and resuming (and then skipping back to now) resolves the issue for me. It's only been a minor annoyance, so I haven't really given it much thought, and it only happens on occasion (doesn't happen with recordings). I wouldn't mind seeing that one fixed though - it's really the only problem I've seen of late, otherwise I'm *still* unutterably happy with my TiVo.

3. MirclMax

MirclMax Ancient Member

Jul 12, 2000
    I've replied to at least one other thread about this in the past (so others have indeed reported it).. I was noticing it quite a bit last night actually ...

To me, it happens in two forms .. and if I recall, only on HD .. there is the slow-mo effect where the video just seems to be missing a few frames .. audio is always just fine .. but it gives this choppy effect ... and then there is the whiplash effect where the action bounces around really fast ...

Usually I have found that a pause/play fixes it .. but last night during a baseball game, nothing seemed to fix it . Probably a reboot would have helped, but I wasn't up for that.

Its definitely something that needs to ultimately be fixed. Oh, and this is all on a THD for me.

4. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    Periodically I see this same thing. Like the 2nd poster, my problem seems to be on analog channels only. Usually I hit the instant replay button and all is well.

5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL

Advertisements

I've seen this too ... using Instant Replay fixes it. I don't think I've ever seen a recording affected by it, so I haven't worried too much about it.

6. proudx

proudx Member

Sep 16, 2008