America's Next Producer

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by marksman, Aug 26, 2007.

1. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Anyone watching this on the TV Guide Channel.

In my yearly scroll of my satellite channels, I came across it and saw a few episodes on today. I went looking for how many there were and found they have aired 6 episodes so far. All 6 of them are available for viewing on the tgguide website in a small adobe flash window.

Anyways, it is mildly interesting. If you are familar with the reality shows where they do a task/competition and then sit before a judging panel to be eliminated, this follows that same format.

I would say it is better done than On the Lot just in terms of the flow and the challenges and getting things done.

I know producers and directors are apples and oranges. But it is funny in episode 6:

This is a spoiler of episode 6....

when the director comes in and tells them their idea sucks and convinces the project leader to totally scrap their idea right before they have to shoot the show.

2. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I have to wonder why there's original programming of this nature on the TV Guide Channel at all.

3. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I thought that weird as well. I know they sometimes have weird roundtable news discussions of the sort E! might turn down...

But I did not really know they had any original programming. I had heard a mention of the series in the past but did not know it was on the TV Guide Channel. I found it totally by accident. Weird thing about the TV Guide Channel is it seems they have little TV Guide on it anymore.