America's Got Talent 7/31/07 *spoilers possible*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by markz, Jul 31, 2007.

1. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    My vote for Top 5 (in alphabetical order):

Butterscotch
    Cas Haley
    Glamazons
    Julienne Irwin
    Terry Fator (ventriloquist)

2. msrolla

msrolla 3000

Feb 11, 2004
    I'm just glad America had the sense not to vote for Boy What's-Her-Name.

Of the 10 that are left, I wouldn't have a problem with any of them winning.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    IMO, the worst acts were the two acrobatic acts.

My top 3 are:

Julienne Irwin
    Cas Haley
    Terry Fator

4. Aug 1, 2007 #4 of 18
    retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    I was already a Butterscotch fan and last night's performance was pretty darn great. I really like her.

The Brit (not Sharron) made a comment that she needed to act more like a star, but what he is missing is that she is creating that laid back sultry mood for a stage performance. It's not her character to be all bold and project herself strongly. I think she did a great job.

Oh, and the new threads were SMOKIN H-O-T. It was a great way to give the bra-less look a lot of class without being too revealing.

Butterscotch = New Hottie. :up:

5. Aug 1, 2007 #5 of 18
    brott

brott at redh dot com

Feb 23, 2001
    Pleasanton, CA
    Our house has lost it with Piers. Apparently the Brits on the Judges panel like a different style than the Americans watching the show. I can accept Sharon again next time, but Piers has got to go. The guy has been a flat out Jerk this year. At least last year there was some sense of what he was doing and the combo of Brandy & David could corral him a bit, but this year i haven't seen anything redeeming from him.

To get into the Top 20 I think he basically said to every single group "I'm sorry to tell you that you've made it." What!? That's what they wanted, why are you sorry to tell them. At least get the goof right and say "I'm sorry that you're going to have to work even harder because you've made it."

If Piers is back next time, I definitely won't be.

6. Aug 1, 2007 #6 of 18
    retrodog

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    I'm starting to think that he's just a Simon Cowel wannabe.

7. Aug 1, 2007 #7 of 18
    Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    I can't wait for her to get off my screen - not getting the love my friend. ;)

My wife is somewher between your love and my distain.

8. Aug 1, 2007 #8 of 18
    retrodog

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    Promptly surrendor your man card.

:p

9. Aug 1, 2007 #9 of 18
    bluesman64

bluesman64 New Member

Jan 25, 2005
    Last night was my first time watching the show - last year or this. I have to say I was shocked that this collection is the top 10. There is not one performer that I would pay any amount of money to see/hear. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

10. jpwoof

jpwoof New Member

May 19, 2004
    San...
    +1

11. Sapphire

Sapphire Xtal substance

Sep 9, 2002
    USA
    I am pretty much deleting all of my recorded ep's and canceling the SP.

This year is just too boring.

12. brott

brott at redh dot com

Feb 23, 2001
    Pleasanton, CA
    This year, they tried to make a variety show out of what should be a talent show. It's not worked out too well. If they want to do the show again next year, it will need some changes. Jerry didn't really add much to the show, but I don't see any reason why the "host" should be someone else vs. him.

13. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I don't know if you guys know this, but this is actually another British import and in "Britain's Got Talent" Simon Cowel is in the David Hasselhoff spot and Piers is Piers (and I agree - total dick).

I couldn't tell you who the woman is. Check out youtube. Some of the acts actually do have talent in Britain.

14. retrodog

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    Mrs. Osborne.

15. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I think he was talking about not knowing who the woman judge was on "Britain's got Talent".

16. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Yes, I was - sorry I wasn't clearer - the woman judge in Britain's Got Talent is a female British celebrity that I never heard of and whose name I didn't recognize - just as if Piers had stayed in England I wouldn't know who he was either.

17. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    Cas is the only one worthwhile and the ventriloquist is a'ight as well. I find the 14 year old and the glamazons impossible to listen to.

18. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Actually, "Britain's Got Talent" is in import from us. We had "America's Got Talent" last year and they brought it to the UK this year. In my opinion it was MUCH better than our version, solely because of their talent. And the female judge on there is actress Amanda Holden, and she's gorgeous!

[​IMG]

Now my question is, what the heck happened to the "Lazy Legs" act? I don't recall them getting voted off or not making it to the next round. Did they quietly let them go?!?!? I was really looking forward to seeing more of them!