America's Got Talent - 08/07/2007

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Donbadabon, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Butterscotch is still my favorite in the competition. I thought her version of 'My Funny Valentine' was excellent.

Cas Haley is right up there. Such a different style.

Terry Fator, he definitely deserves to be there. Adding his voice-mimicry to ventriloquism is really cool to watch.

Side swipe - ehh.

2. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My prediction for the top four next week:

Cas Haley
    Butterscotch
    Terry Fator
    Jenny _______ (The 14 year old girl singer)

I would be happy with either Cas Haley or Butterscotch winning, but would prefer Cas.

3. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I'm not a fan of blues at all and his other stuff is OK, but I'm just not feeling the love for Cas that others are. He's talented but just not what I would consider the best.

Side Swipe has Piers to thank for being there (and the Jamaican Tumblers have Piers to thank for NOT being there). Had Piers not railed on them for using the kids, I do believe they would not have made the cut. That being said, I was more entertained by their act this week than in past weeks, but I don't see them making it beyond the coming cut - especially as they are cutting from 8 to 4, if I heard that correctly.

I've liked Butterscotch a lot, but on this week's show I would have loved to hear her sing that song without the beat-boxing at all. I think she could have really sung the heck out of it, but sometimes the mouth-music does get in the way of what I feel could be something better.

And for a ventriloquist act, Terry Fator is blowing me away! I love what he's doing and it just sounds good. Liked that Piers said his puppet sang "I Left My Heart" better than Tony Bennett does!

I pretty much agree with BrandonRe's predicitions (maybe not in that particular order), though I could see the "Cruise Ship" singer maybe being there in place of Julienne. I agree with the judges that her voice just hasn't quite matured enough yet to win this. And maybe I give - and I can't even think of the guys name right now! - Mr. Cruise Ship - too much credit because I like country music.

The one guy that could find himself in the top four is Robert (?-Cincinnatti guy). But I think he hits some rather sour notes when he sings, as well.

4. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    I like Terry Fator more and more each week.

Cas is my wife's favorite.

We both agree to FF throgh butterscotch's painfull performances.

The rest are average entertainers, just average.