America's Finest News Source now available on TiVoCast

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by TiVoStephen, Mar 27, 2007.

1. TiVoStephen

TiVoStephen formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA

Advertisements

I am very proud to announce the addition of The Onion, America's Finest News Source, to TiVoCast.

Sign up on your DVR under TiVo Central -> Find Programs -> TiVoCast, or by visiting http://www.tivo.com/tivocast/

As always, remember that once you receive the number of episodes specified in your "Keep At Most" setting (default: 5), you won't receive any more until you delete one.

This is hard-hitting news, folks. Get informed, and sign up today.

2. TiVoStephen

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    Gah, and I swear when I started posting this, it wasn't already published. ebeckhusen beat me by 1 minute! Sorry folks.

3. TydalForce

TydalForce Active Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Philadelphia...
    Awesome! Finally, a TiVoCast that interests me. You TiVo folks have been busy lately ;-}

Took me forever to get through to the website to get a Season Pass... this must be very popular ;-}

4. TiVoStephen

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    It is, after all, a program that delivers hard-hitting, award-winning news to millions of Americans all over the world.

5. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004

Advertisements

and yet you feel better for having received the news :D

6. ashu

ashu User title defunct

Nov 8, 2002
    MD
    Awesome - can't wait to try this out! I'm either imagining things, or vaguely remember seeing a PAPER version of their awesmoe reporting in Colorado, a lifetime ago!

7. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    you mean you never sold "the Onion" to earn lots of money and qualify for fabulous prizes

8. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I'm not sure if you're joking.. read wikipedia on The Onion.

(I'm not sure if *this* thread is about the new Onion videos.. but I just saw that there are two different audio podcasts from the Onion.)

9. ashu

ashu User title defunct

Nov 8, 2002
    MD
    Ahh - like I said (no jokes) I remember seeing the print version & thought it was excellent :) I have since only had access to the online version, so I was starting to wonder whether there WAS a print version!

Wiki confirms it (and there's no questioning the great Wiki)!

10. hornblowercat

hornblowercat New Member

Mar 4, 2007
    In The Good...
    I took a look at it yesterday. Not bad, something to do while I'm waiting for the wife to come downstairs before watching regular shows on TiVo. :up:

11. derekcbart

derekcbart Member

Sep 1, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Hi there.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but it is TiVoCast related.

I love that The Onion video podcast is available on TiVoCast, but is there anyway to subscribe to other video podcasts that are not currently part of TiVoCast? I've tried using the podcast feature in the "music, photos, and more" menu, but it doesn't download/playback video podcasts, only audio podcasts.

Thanks.

12. Phantom Gremlin

Phantom Gremlin Active Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Tualatin,...
    I clicked on this topic hoping it had something to do with Fox News Channel. :)

13. richsadams

richsadams Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Love "The Onion"! However for some reason the most recent issues display the crawl (the news 'ticker' across the bottom of the newscast) just below the bottom of our screen. The first couple were fine, but the most recent makes it impossible to see it. We can see the very top of it but not enough to read it.

We haven't changed any settings on our TV and everything else displays fine. Anyone else have this problem? Sometimes it's the best part of the show! :(

Cheerz!

14. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    I noticed that too. The crawl was cut in half.

15. HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002
    These videos have been horrible. Not funny or witty. I am about 2 episodes away from canceling the Season Pass.

16. richsadams

Jan 4, 2003
    Glad we're not the only ones! :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone "in charge" will see our posts and remedy the situation soon.

The Onion News video is always available at their website:

http://www.theonion.com/content/

This week's crawl was pretty good! :D

17. TiVoStephen

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    Hi folks, we're now aware of this issue with the crawl and are working to remedy it.

18. richsadams

Jan 4, 2003
    Just a note of thanks for fixing the "crawl problem". It's perfect now...and even funnier!

Thanks again for listening!! :up:

19. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Still so funny!!! I have to watch each thing twice to read the crawl :)

20. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    One of the better TiVoCast. Love "The Onion"! Thanks for fixing the crawl.