American Pickers - 6/12/2010 - (spoiler inside)!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by trausch, Dec 8, 2010.

1. trausch

trausch New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Pittsburgh

Advertisements

The guys found some old Carney art and paid $700 for it. Later in the show they sold both for $10k. They felt bad and drove back to the guys place and gave him an additional $5k.

They have been receiving grief from viewers who complain they low ball unsuspecting people and then make huge profits. I don't feel this way but I think the gesture was nice.

2. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    not sure why you would spoilerize that.

People who feel they rip people off, are ignorant.

3. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    And why spoilerize a show that aired 6 months ago?

;)

4. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000
    It's happened before - the seller asks something way too low and they feel the need to raise the price. I've seen it on Pawn Stars as well - sure they could get it at a really good price, but they feel ethically bound to bring it in a bit more so no one feels ripped off.

Usually it happens the seller is asking some outlandish price, but the reverse does happen from time to time. Sometimes in business it's better to give in on a little profit in order to keep everyone happy. Alas, most people would rather sacrifice their firstborn rather than give in a little it seems.

5. JMikeD

JMikeD Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Austin, TX

Advertisements

I think the OP may have meant 12/6/10, not 6/12/10. Didn’t this happen on the show this past Monday?

6. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    You must have missed my winkie. I was kidding. :)

7. jgickler

jgickler Mr. Rolleyes

Apr 7, 2000
    Princeton, Iowa
    Having met both Mike and Danielle, and having shopped at their shop I have to say that they are really a group of nice people who enjoy what they do for a living and seem to be having a great time with the fame and notoriety their show has provided. Sure they are business people, and do need to make a profit, but I think part of the reason that the show and their business has been successful is because they are fair in their dealings.