American Idol - Top 7 Results - 04/12/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Apr 12, 2012.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Bottom 3: Elise, Joshua, Jessica

I knew the second they had Hollie and Jessica go to separate spots that Jessica was in the bottom. I really thought when all was done Ryan was telling Skylar to pick that Joshua was the one booted so that was a surprise.

Really though, did they honestly think it was the least suspenseful once they sent Colton over with Phillip and Hollie? They should have sent Skylar over there and had Colton pick.

Oh well, Jessica saved. I don't remember them saying how this is going to work for next week though. Did anyone else catch that info??

2. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Sounds like they were going to use the save on any of the bottom 3. If they hadn't used it on Jessica it would've been stupid as she has the talent to win the whole thing.

3. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Oh and JLo looked smokin in that dress. I'm rarely jealous of other women or of those with big booty but hot damn, I wish my ass looked that good in a tight dress... :D

4. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah, the whole ending of the show was rather stupid/pointless, when Steven (I think) blurted out when they had the bottom 3 standing center stage that they would use the save. But yeah, it was doubly stupid given that the bottom vote getter was Jessica.

5. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    But not the votes.

The cynic in me says they want her to win the whole thing but she isn't pulling the votes- hence this "scare."
    Unfortunately, no one who has been saved has ever won- it sort of takes the shine off someone when they are voted out, whether it sticks or not.
    Matt, Michael, Casey- it's just not gonna happen.

6. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Funny that I always thought Fantasia was the only winner that had ever been in the bottom 3 during the show... but checking facts, it seems one time at the Top 5 Kris Allen was in the bottom. Other than that no winner has ever hit bottom and certainly not almost eliminated.

7. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Wow.

I am honestly shocked.

8. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    This does not bode well for Jessica. The saved person sometimes gets a few more weeks of sympathy votes but then they get hit again. I think she is good enough to win but you have to win over America.

I think there are a few key messages from the performance thread

First
    I think this is definitely what happened. They have been overly harsh with her which makes her fans vote more and others to give sympathy votes.

Next (tooting my own horn)
    And after the announcement on twitter of shocking results
    Definitely a Pia style moment. Technically a brilliant singer but too subdued in her personality, even tonight.

As I also said Skylar has the strong country vote and Colton and Phillip have the teen girls. That may be our top 3.

9. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    First of all the opening "medley" or whatever was freaking horrible. That was the worst performance in AI I have ever witnessed.

Secondly, HOLLIE IS SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up: :D And Hopefully my vote helped. I'll make sure to vote for her in the future even though she may not last until the end.
    I feel for Jessica as I think her fan base must be disappearing. She's a great singer though and deserves to be in the final two or at least three.

10. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I agree that the opening number tonight was HORRENDOUS.

And yes, Hollie is safe. Unfortunately. Another week of blackboard fingernails to look forward to...yippee...:rolleyes:

11. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    If I have to put up with "mantasia", you get chalkboard girl. :cool:

12. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Jessica has worked hard all her life. All 16 years! Gimme a break!

13. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Can someone please write better songs for Jennifer Hudson?

Pretty please?

14. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Sounds like I should be glad I FF past the opening number.

I did watch James and thought he was pretty good. Glad to see he stuck with the Heavy Metal.

15. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Just found out this is not Jessica's First attempt at Stardom. 5 years ago she already had an amazing voice. The fact that she has this experience may explain why she looks so comfortable up there singing.

16. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Especially since 1/8 of her life was spent $h1tt&*6 her pants.

17. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    If I were voting this season, I probably wouldn't have voted for Jessica.

I mean, she's good and she hits every note, but I don't care that much either way. I dont know why.

I think after 11 seasons I'm jaded.

18. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    They didn't say, and I have a feeling it's on purpose so people aren't "reminded" that it's normally two eliminated the week after a save, but because of the double elimination at the start of this season, they'll almost certainly only have one elimination - either that, or the finale is a week before Fox's announced date for it.

Also, if it's the same as in past years, the votes don't carry over, which makes sense, as it kind of defeats the purpose of having a save if the person being saved starts out behind the others.

19. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    THIS!
    I was saying the same thing. Between that comment and her standing there in her JLo matching $1600 Louboutin shoes, she might be starting to turn voters off.

20. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    $1600 shoes! Did AI provide those? If her parents bought them for her, then I officially can't stand her and I hope she gets voted off next week.

Exactly. And droves of teenage girls are voting for her competition. I said last week that what happened to Pia would happen to her.