American Idol "Top 6 performance show" 4/27/2011 *spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Kamakzie, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Here we go. Tonight is Carole King night. Babyface is mentoring. Oh by the way I will try and start the thread tomorrow night but can someone take over? I will be with some friends watching the NFL draft tomorrow night. Probably be easier for someone just to start it as well. Would appreciate it. Thanks!

Jacob - "Oh no not my baby" - I thought he did very good with this one. I really don't like Jacob as a singer in general but he really did good with this one for sure.

Lauren - "Where you lead" - I hope that's her boyfriend, otherwise its just some random confused guy! I thought she did really good this time. I guess it was just some random 19 year old... uh she's 16 bro!

Haley and Casey duet - "I feel the earth move" - I liked it, both sang it well.

Scotty - "You've got a friend" - He did pretty good. At least he changed things up a little. Gotta give him credit for that.

James - "Will you still love me tomorrow" - Performance of the night by far so far. Possibly of the season.

Lauren and Scotty duet - "Up on the roof" - I thought Lauren did the best but not bad for Scotty either.

Casey - "Hi-de-ho" I liked it. Not my usual kind of music but I thought he did very well.

Haley - "Beautiful" - I thought she did really good and I think I like her as one of the best. Favorite girl remaining for sure. Randy trying his best to get her voted off.

James and Jacob duet - "I'm into something good" - LOL at Jlo crossing her legs real quick! I thought James owned Jacob in this duet.

2. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    James. Wow. I so loved that!! First song of the season I will be downloading from iTunes.

3. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    I loved EVERYTHING about James tonight. Brilliant arrangement of my favorite Carole King song. Outstanding!!

4. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    Ahh, my DVR was frozen. I rebooted and only was able to see Casey, Haley, and the Jacob/James Duet.

I really liked Casey and Haley. James and Jacob had a good time with the duet which made it fun to watch.

Can't wait to see James.

Bottom 3:

Haley
    Casey
    Jacob

Hoping Jacob goes home. Haley's performance may have been too old school for the young voters.

5. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    OMG - James TOTALLY blew me away tonight. Amazing performance of one of my favorite Carol King songs. I agree with Randy - I think he can take this whole thing.

I really love Lauren - I think she has something really special.

I thought Scotty in the duet was awful! His solo was ok, but I am just not sold on him.

I didn't love Haley - I love that song and I don't think she did it justice. Liked her much better in her duet.

My bottom 2:
    Jacob (because people just don't like him)
    Haley

6. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    A big WOW for James. People who think he is a one trick pony only need to listen to that a cappella opening to know that this guy cans sing his ass off. James is currently leaving them all in the dust!!! The judges all but put a crown on his head after that performance and I have to agree that he has the most consistently amazing.

I must say I really liked Scotty's version of You've Got a Friend. It did not hurt that the arrangement with the strings was beautiful.

Jacob - He is falling further and further away from the rest of the pack.

It's really hard to rank them this week. I know that James was the best and Jacob was the worst and the middle four were like a tie.

*** EDIT *** Just rewatched James' performance. the first 30 seconds still blow me away. One of my favorite moments of the season.

7. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I have to agree with all that's been said about James. I am not much of a rock fan at all, but I am quickly becoming a James fan. There's just something about the way he performs that grabs me in a way that none of the others do. If it's just plain talent or something else, I can't put a finger on it, but he impresses me (AND entertains me!) each week. Didn't like the duet, though, but that was Jacob's fault!

I have a feeling tonight is going to be a test of Scotty's fan base. He did pretty good, and I liked his performance, but it certainly wasn't his best in my opinion, and there's nowhere to hide anymore with only six left.

I thought Lauren and Haley were solid again.

I hope between his performance and the dreaded #1 spot that this week is enough to send Jacob packing. Oh, and I didn't like his suit AT ALL!

Which brings me to Casey. I'm hot and cold with Casey, and tonight for me was definitely cold. Didn't like the song, didn't like his performance.

And awkward moment of the night, maybe? Steven: Casey, how much do you love Haley?

James rocked the entire night. Each week I'm thinking more and more like he's going to take this thing, and tonight only furthered that notion for me!

Bottom three: Jacob, Scotty, Casey.

Going home (Please, merciful Lord?!?!): Jacob

8. GoHalos

GoHalos Registered User

Aug 30, 2006
    OC, CA
    I agree with the above. In my opinion, James should win the season. I will admit that I am a rock fan, but tonight was, just, WOW. I really don't think that anyone is that close, really.

9. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Casey looked super serial killerish today.

Of course, that's not really true since most serial killers blend in with the public.

10. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I haven't been a fan of James from the start - just something about him I don't care for. Maybe he's a bit over the top, maybe it's the asinine "tail", maybe it's what I perceive to be arrogance. Having said that, he has unquestionably been the most consistently good performer and singer this season. I can see him winning the whole thing.

Of course winning Idol isn't what it once was. I'd be very surprised if most of the top 6 (or more) don't end up with very successful music careers.

11. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...
    We had some really bad storms in the area last night. For the first couple of singers they would split screen to the news and then when they were about to sing they would go back to Idol. Then James came up and they stayed with the news coverage of the storm the entire time and I didn't hear him sing a single note. I gave up right then and quit watching. I'll have to download it so I can watch it without any interruptions. On one side I can see why covering these storms can be important for some but it really annoys me when it happens.

12. snowjay

snowjay 40mph couch potato

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    I liked James' performance tonight. It was a refreshing break from the usual.

Lauren had a great performance as well.

13. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    For those who missed James

He could have stopped after the a cappella part and still won the night

14. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    James' was a game changing performance.

15. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Steven Tyler asked Casey how much he loved Haley. Is that the first time that relationship has been acknowledged on air?

Haley looked great.

James by far the best of the night. Jacob/Scotty to go home.

Jimmy Ivine is a great addition to the show. I never appreciated the 1 day visit by stars in previous seasons. Ivine makes a difference in this show.

16. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Funny, I didn't like him at first and thought he was bad for the show and now I'm leaning towards appreciating him. Guess it is all in the editing.

17. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Just watched James' performance (Thanks, Maui - we had the show interrupted multiple times last night because of the tornadoes). All I can say is, wow! That dude can SING.

I don't think anything is going on between Casey and Haley. It's just a friendly ribbing - although nothing would surprise me.

I think Jacob goes home this week. I'm surprised he's lasted this long. That preppie outfit was bad, even if he was almost outdone by Randy!!

18. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    Downloaded and watched today. Things are beginning to align.

The long time favorite Scotty is starting to show cracks.
    Lauren is notching it up little by little.
    James is continuing to log stellar performances.

I did not know they had a relationship. However, it sure seemed like it during the backstage interview after their duet. Haley did all the talking while Casey tried to get a word in edgewise. ;)

19. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    The relationship has been mentioned on the gossip sites, but this was first sort-of confirmation on-air from AI.

20. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Casey makes my skin crawl.