American Idol "Top 3 results show" 5/19/2011 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Kamakzie, May 19, 2011.

1. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I think Haley will go tonight but we shall see.. Wish she would make it in the finals.

95 million votes came in.

Idols get to see scenes from Super 8.

Highlights from Haley's trip back home.

Ford music video.

Performance by Il Volo.. Different kind of music. Kind of like it.

Scotty's highlights from going home.

Nicole Scherzinger performance.. Brutal...

Highlights from Lauren's trip home.

Results time:

First person in the finals is... Scotty
    Second person in the finals is... Lauren..

Haley is going home. So is my interest in this season.. :) Haley looked shocked/pissed at the outcome.

2. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Are we being punked with this Il Volo performance?

3. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    So.
    An all country finale.
    Interesting :rolleyes:

4. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Welcome to.... Country Idol! :rolleyes:

5. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Anchor's Aweigh!

Feb 26, 2009
    Orange...
    I've had Scotty as the final winner in our office pool from when they were at 24 contestants. As I'm the only one that picked him, I stand to cash in good if he wins.

Yipee. :)

6. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Apparently people over the age of 17 can't sing well enough for America. I'm only tuning in next week because I have watched the whole season up until now.

If I have to root for anyone it's gotta be Lauren.

7. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I guess I'd pick Lauren but I really don't care anymore so I hope you win money! :D

8. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Count me as another who doesn't much care about the outcome anymore.

9. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Count me in as someone who doesn't care either. I would think a lot more 15 year old girls vote than 15 year old boys, so doesn't surprise me that Scotty is in final 2. He is good, and he will have a long career in Country Music, ( well maybe.... What's Billy Gilman doing nowadays?) 3 more hours next week.... I am glad it's over.

10. MLR930

MLR930 Mandie

Dec 26, 2002
    Rhode Island
    I'm happy with whoever wins as they were my favorites from the beginning

11. etexlady

etexlady Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2002
    East Texas
    This show has got to make some changes with the voting next season.

12. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    They're the sensation, haven't you heard?

13. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    As soon as I saw the screaming crying tweens at the country kids home packages I new it was all over for Haley. She could not compete when the other two had those hard core voters.

Just like Pia, Casey, and James, if Haley has the chops she could not ask for a better launching pad. But chances are we will not hear much from any of them again.

Every year I say never again but they suck me in with the audition shows. Maybe next year I'll be stronger.

14. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    This is the first year that we watched Idol. Couldnt get into the begining of it so skipped a few til it got down to the finale 12. I think a lot of them have a good chance if they can get a good manager. I liked Haley at first but then a lot of her singing became screaming to me. Lauren is too young and even if she wins I dont think she will go anywheres just yet.
    I agree that something needs to be done about the way the voting is done. When I read that one person bragged about how they voted 500 times I knew that it wasnt right. Thats why the voting numbers were so high.

15. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Well, I hope the person who sings things is the winner.

Zzzz....

16. timckelley

timckelley run of the mill TCFer

Oct 15, 2002
    Brushy...
    :(

So many results this season I've disagreed with:

• When Casey went, the judges rightly saved him, but America voted him off again anyway.
    • James Durbin went out sooner than he deserved
    • Naima had great potential imo (though her dancing needed work). I was annoyed when she got voted off.
    • I thought Karen Rodriguez had a good voice, and I was upset when she got voted off.
    • I didn't think Pia should have gone out when she did.
    • Back when they were in the two 24, I disagreed with which 12 should stay.
    • Even at the audition phase, I was confused at some who got sent forward while worse ones were stopped.

At each phase, they seemed to eliminate good singers, and now we're left with Scotty and Lauren. :rolleyes: :(

17. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Not surprised, but still was hoping Haley might stay in it. She really looked stunned... I wonder if she thought she'd win? Felt bad for her, she grew a lot in the last weeks.

So...Looks like it's gonna be Scotty FTW, but I think Lauren is a better singer. I would have preferred to see James, Haley, and Lauren in the final three, so not real thrilled about the way things are shaping up... :p

18. murrays

murrays Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2004
    No Haley, No James, no reason to watch the finals performance. I fast forwarded to Haley's performances last night and completely skipped the other two.

I'll tune in to the results to see Steven sing with James along with some other good performances, but I've had enough of Scotty and Lauren. It's been awhile since I've had zero interest in either finalist.

-murray

19. timckelley

timckelley run of the mill TCFer

Oct 15, 2002
    Brushy...
    Yep; once Casey was gone, these were the exact three I wanted in the final three. I don't know how Scotty keeps surviving... I originally didn't think he'd make it past the top 7 or 8.

20. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I didnt care for that David Cook guy. Cant remember who the #2 was that year.