American Idol "Top 11 performance show Elton John Songs" 3/30/2011 *spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Kamakzie, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Here we go..

Scotty - "Country comfort" - I thought he did pretty good.

Naima - "I'm still standing" - Wow... that was.... ummm... weird. Reggaeize that song... really?? Buh-Bye!

Paul - "Rocket Man" - For me that was really bad. Voice is just too weak for me. Yeesh..

Pia - "Don't let the sun go down on me" - Another ballad.. Thought it was pretty good, not her strongest but the best of the night so far. She's my favorite.

Stefano - "Tiny dancer" - It was just alright for me. He did do better with the eye contact though. LOL'd when he walked over to JLo.

Lauren - "Candle in the wind" - Hmmmm.. It was pretty good but not her best ever. Judges liked it though.

James - "Saturday Night's alright" - I liked it alright. Not too bad. LOL at Steven Tyler. HAHA Pepsi moment.. oops "we're sponsored by Coke!"

Thia - "Daniel" - I thought she did really nice with it.

Casey - "Your song" - First time I think I actually liked his performance.

Jacob - "Sorry is the hardest word" - I thought he did real good on this. He's not my favorite kind of style but he did good.

Haley - "Bennie & The Jets" - I really liked it. She has that nice blues singer voice. Liked it a lot.

Naima and Paul in the bottom for me.

2. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Not only did she ruin the song but since when does singing reggae mean you get an automatic accent to go with it? That. was. ridiculous.

3. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Agreed, what is with the Jamaican accent :confused:

4. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah, hate to say it, because she's the only actual Milwaukee person left in the contest, but yeah, Naima was pretty bad tonight.

5. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Pia is fricken amazing. Totally needs to win this thing. Ballad or no ballad, that was fantastic. Every week she's perfect.

6. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think if I had one request for Pia, it would be to explore the lower part of her register... I think it could add an extra dimension to her singing. I would also love to hear a fast pop song from her.

7. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    Naima is Sanjaya with the hair.

8. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    That's a little ridiculous. She's not anywhere near that bad.

9. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    Yes she is. She dances like a spastic and butchers a fake Jamaican accent. She's worse.

10. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    Remember when we all thought this season was going to be so good because the talent was way better than last season? The entirety of it all is starting to grate on me like you wouldn't believe. And now Howie Mandel. Lordy.

What's the purpose of Tyler on this show? He was endearing in the auditions but he's out of his depth with live critique. When's X-Factor starting?

11. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    At this point, she's the runaway favorite... at least on the girl's side.

12. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ok, I've now decided: I don't like any of these people. They all have singing ability to some extent, but none even remotely seem like anything I'd want to listen to, nor do I see any of these people doing anything substantial after the series.

I might drop in to the show now and again, but for the most part, I think I'm out for the season.

13. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    Haley did a nice growly Bennie!

Overall not as good as last week from the group in general. I thought it would have been better than it was; Scotty, James and Casey still seem to be the most consistent.

14. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    That face JLO just made... yeesh.

15. BrettStah

BrettStah Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 12, 2000
    San Antonio
    The best of the night:
    Pia

The good:
    Casey
    Haley

The average:
    Stephano
    Scotty
    This

The bad:
    Naima
    Paul
    Lauren
    James
    Jacob

16. frankmint

frankmint New Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Near...
    No standouts tonight. I really want to like Paul but he, Naima and Thia were my least favorites. Haley really saved herself I think.

17. BrettStah

BrettStah Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 12, 2000
    San Antonio
    Haley smiled too much, otherwise her performance would have been better.

18. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    OMG - I did not think Paul could get any worse, yet tonight he exceeded those expectations. Please America - put us out of our misery already!!!

Scotty - overated and boring. Unfortunately, the little girls like him so he won't be going anywhere soon.

Thia - bleh. I don't get the love for her, either.

Naima - yowzer. It's like she doesn't care that this is a CONTEST.

The rest were fine.

Please don't vote for Paul.

Thank you.

19. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I thought some, no, I thought many of the performances were very good tonight

Scotty - "Country comfort" - Good, not great. it was nothing special and that sinks him to the lower half of the rankings this week. Going first did not help either

Naima - "I'm still standing" - Just bad. Nothing else to say.

Paul - "Rocket Man" - Weakest voice in the competition. It was better than the last few weeks but he does not compare with the others.

Pia - "Don't let the sun go down on me" - Fantastic!! Pia is the best "pure" singer on the show. One of my favorites, but I have always been a sucker for a good ballad!

Stefano - "Tiny dancer" - Average and likely to get lost in the shuffle this week.

Lauren - "Candle in the wind" - I liked it quite a bit and I liked the little country twang she added to it. Strange since I was really hoping to not hear this song tonight.

James - "Saturday Night's alright" - Great performance. It may not have been the best vocal of the night but by far the most enjoyable performance.

Thia - "Daniel" - Thia really does have a lovely voice but she just doesn't command attention like some of the others.

Casey - "Your song" - Great performance. He reigned in the growling and really did a nice job. This is my favorite Elton song so it would have been really easy for someone to screw it up but he kept it close to the original and I loved it.

Jacob - "Sorry Seems to Be The Hardest Word" - I said it in the past and I will say it again. I am over Jacob. I liked the first half of the song better than the second. His over emotional renditions are really wearing thin.

Haley - "Bennie & The Jets" - I knew Haley had it in her! I really liked it and love when she adds that bluesy growl to the song. Hopefully this will give her the confidence to cut it loose more often,

Top 4
    Pia
    Casey
    Haley
    James

Middle 4
    Lauren
    Scotty
    Thia
    Stefano

Bottom 3
    Naima
    Paul
    Jacob

If there is any justice in the world Paul and Naima go home, but after last weeks vote who knows what America will do.

20. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I love reggae and reggae-influnced pop and rock; I'm a fan of The Police and Ace of Base.

But throwing in the Jamaican accent was pure cheese. Blech.