American Idol "Top 10 chosen" 3/3/2011 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Kamakzie, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Mar 3, 2011 #1 of 58
    Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Why they need 2 hours I'll never know!

40 million votes for the 2 nights combined.

Results starting.

Scotty is in the top 10.
    Lauren A. is in the top 10.
    Pia is also in the top 10.
    Karen made the top 10.
    Jacob made the top 10.
    Casey also made it into the top 10.
    Thia made it into the top 10.
    Paul made it into the top 10.
    Haley is in the top 10.
    James is in the top 10.

Robbie, Clint, Jordan, Jovany, Ta-Tynisa, Kendra, Ashthon, Julie, Tim, Naima, Lauren T., Brett, Rachel, Stefano are not in the top 10.

Wildcard competition is about to start.

3 girls and 3 boys will be picked to perform.

Ashthon - I thought she did pretty good.
    Stefano - I thought he was very strong.
    Kendra - Started off really slow. Had some good spots but not sure if thats enough.
    Jovany - I thought it was quite good. Not Secada good but real good.
    Naima - I thought she did very good.
    Robbie - Another good performance.

Judges need to confer with each other during commercial.

Ashton was picked by the judges as a wildcard.
    Stefano was also picked as a wildcard.
    Naima was the last wildcard.

2. Mar 3, 2011 #2 of 58
    snowjay

snowjay 40mph couch potato

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    I was wondering the same thing...

3. Mar 3, 2011 #3 of 58
    TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Anchor's Aweigh!

Feb 26, 2009
    Orange...
    And we're off. :)

4. Mar 3, 2011 #4 of 58
    TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Anchor's Aweigh!

Feb 26, 2009
    Orange...
    So far, I'm batting a thousand. :)

5. Mar 3, 2011 #5 of 58
    tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    rooting for Naima and Brett

tta

6. Mar 3, 2011 #6 of 58
    nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I agree with America on 9 of 10 picks - I wanted the 2nd Lauren to get in - hope she gets a wildcard shot!!!

7. Mar 3, 2011 #7 of 58
    Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Boy, that redhead curly haired kid is annoying

8. Mar 3, 2011 #8 of 58
    Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    lol indeed..

9. Mar 3, 2011 #9 of 58
    nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Ashton - ugh :thumbsdown:

Everyone else I can live with.

10. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    Clint not picked because he came off as a jag in Hollywood. Worst decision of that kid's life... besides picking out those bug glasses.

11. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Pretty much how I feel also. Ashton was outsung in the wildcard by several, including Robbie who came back big time from his awful outing Tuesday. I think the second Lauren fell through the cracks and should have had the wildcard spot that Ashton got. Julie probably deserved a second shot ahead of Ashton also. She only had one bad outing and that was yesterday. She was one of my favorites going into this week.

I am so thankful Brett did not make it through. Seems like a good kid but did not have the pipes.

The only America's choice I really questioned is Paul. I know that will probably get ridiculed for saying that. I loved his Blackbird during Hollywood week but I thought his Maggie May was not great. I wonder how that raspy voice is going hold out during the competition

Clint screwed himself in Hollywood week and I think they chose the right three guys for the wildcards but as much as you or I may dislike him there is no denying that Clint could sing!

12. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Going forward for the girls I think Lauren and Pia are my current favorites.

Of the guy it is probably Casey, Jacob and James for some rock and roll. I am not a huge country fan but I can't see Scotty leaving anytime soon and I am also fine with that.

13. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Well done America!

14. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I don't get the love for Naima.

15. tivoboyjr

tivoboyjr Unregistered User

Apr 28, 2003
    I haven't watched this yet but couldn't resist checking here to see what happened.

Overall, it's a pretty solid group. The biggest injustice to me was that Kendra didn't make it. For that matter, I'd pick Kendra, Julie or Rachel over Karen, Haley, Ashton or Naima. As bad as Rachel was last night, she was bad due to a goofy arrangement of the song and she's still a better singer than Karen/Haley/Ashton/Naima. Though I will miss Julie most of all. Of the J-Lo wannabes, I liked Julie much more than Karen.

For the guys, I would have picked Robbie over Paul or Stefano. But at the same time I'm glad I don't have to see any more of Brett, Jordan and Clint so I'm not going to complain too much.

16. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Of those DQ'd "before" the wildcard round (Clint, Jordan, Tim, Brett; Ta-Tynisa, Rachel, Lauren T., Julie) I can't really argue with any of them.

For the guys: Tim, Brett, and Clint were all pure karaoke on Tuesday, nothing special there at all. Jordan was a stupid song choice done really badly.

For the girls: Lauren T. wasn't bad, just unimpressive. The other 3 girls all did pretty bad on Wednesday.

As for the wildcard contestants for tonight: I think I would have rather seen Jovany in place of Ashthon. Otherwise, I think Stefano and Naima were pretty good choices to move on.

17. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    happy that Seth Rogan continues his march onward, and that Carrot Top's lost gay offspring is off the show! :)

18. Roadblock

Roadblock New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Kendra was better than Ashton.

Robbie seems like he's hugely talented, but his style bugs me and I will probably always just see him as the guy that picked the song from that overplayed, depressing abused dogs commercial. No idea what he was thinking there.

Rachel was terrible. She also looks like she might stab me while I'm sleeping. Maybe it's the eyes, or that she never laughs, not sure. Anyway, no, she's not a better singer than...really any of the other top 23.

Tim or even Brett should have gotten a second chance, not Jovany. Anyone that aspires to be Marc Anthony is not a musician.

I'm rooting for Casey, the best musician there, which means I'll probably get weeks of country guy and gimme-a-handout James instead.

The judges should probably cut back on the WOW THAT WAS THE BEST PERFORMANCE EVER hyperbole soon, or they will have nowhere to go. I don't see any future mega-stars in this group.

19. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    LOL My thoughts exactly. His pandering did not pay off that time. I thought he might take his shirt off again to top it off. :rolleyes:

I knew the minute Jacob was in that Stefano was going to have to rely on the wild card slot. He KILLED that song. Had he sang like that for our votes, he might not have had to sing for his life last night. That was amazing.

I'm also really upset that Lauren T didn't get in or a wild card shot. She IMO was the second best girl of the night, only behind Pia. Guess America nor the judges thought she was thin and cute enough. :thumbsdown:

20. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Please tell me they're down to an hour and a half a week starting next week. I like the show but 5 hours this week was a little much.