American Idol - S5E-TO-02 01/18/2005 ** spoilers **

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ebonovic, Jan 18, 2006.

1. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...

Advertisements

So is Denver any better then Chicago?

2. tonyonlinux

tonyonlinux New Member

Dec 11, 2005
    That guy that looked like a girl. Honestly I think that is a girl wanting to be a guy.

3. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    When they started playing "The Crying Game" as he was walking out, I lost it. :)

4. jubrand

jubrand Temporarily Stairs

May 11, 2002
    Chicago
    Funniest thing I've ever seen on AI. :D

5. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...

Advertisements

Hmmm... Not as "entertaining" as night one, but also not as "painfull"..

And yes that is by far the best 16 year the show has ever seen... She could sing, big time...

The "rosey" flapper style dress girl isn't going to make it very far, she is destin for a stage gig.

And Zach... I am sorry... If he changed "her" hair style, and got rid of the heels, and a normal t-shirt not a open cut flared sleeve... then maybe......... nah who am I kidding... and honestly... I have a very open opinion to things in that arena......

How old was the cowboy... I am so glad they put him through... I think in 5 years he has been the most "geniune" contestant... At least with that move, AI gain a little respect back in my book...

Quote of the night: "I've only sung to Turkeys....."

6. BLeonard

BLeonard It Could Happen!

Nov 19, 1999
    Orlando,FL,USA
    I think this is shaping up to be one of the best American Idol seasons so far. It has really been funny. Only thing is you can tell who is "going to Hollywood" before they audition when you see the ones that they video a back story on. It's obvious that these segments are shot after the audition and there would be no reason to shoot them if they didn't pass the audition.

7. RegBarc

RegBarc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2003
    The dude was a girl. Or vice versa. Either way, (s)he shouldn't be ticked when people look at her odd. I couldn't make up my mind either.

The cowboy, as expressed by ebonovic, was the most genuine in my memory, I'm glad he's on to Hollywood.

8. sixseven

sixseven New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    My wife and I are both embarrassed for our city. I know tonight was no different than any other night in terms of talent (or lack there of), but it's hard to watch when the clueless come from your back yard...

Anyone else from Denver? The opening dialog from Ryan with the cityscape in front of the mountains... Was the that City Park?

9. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    The funny thing is that I know someone from NC who advanced at Denver, and then there were 2 others that advanced in Denver who were from NC.

What makes it really wierd is that AI came to Greensboro, here in NC. Why wouldn't they just go there?

10. Brig1977

Brig1977 none

Sep 29, 2005
    SO funny :up:

11. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I've never watched more than 5 seconds (literally) of AI before, but thought I'd give it a shot this season. So I watched it tonight for the first time.

Pretty entertaining, really, but mostly for the really bad stuff. I wonder how it'll be when only the good ones are left.

I didn't like the 16-year old girl. Her singing felt fake and stylized. The vibrato annoyed the heck out of me.

I actually liked the voice of the weird chick/dude. But wow, what a weirdo. And when he/she said something like "I hate looking like this" after the audition I was just thinking "Well, get a normal haircut and normal clothes then, freak." Up until then I didn't really care what he/she looked like. But that self-imposed self-pity was just odd. He/she should figure out what sex he/she wants to be and stick to that...

The fat chick who sang Bjork was IMO the most interesting voice of them all. COol delivery. But she won't be a winner, even if she deserves to. Still, nice they sent her to the next round.

The cowboy looked like he was 13 years old. How old is he?

12. justapixel

justapixel Domestic Extremist Staff Member

Sep 27, 2001
    The Nanny State
    :confused:

I don't think he said anything like that. He said something to the effect that racism was still going strong, which made me look closer at his skin color. ;)

Maybe somebody who hasn't deleted it yet can check for the quote.

I thought the 16 year old was fabulous too. Great voice, poise, the works.

I don't think the cowboy is going far, despite the fact that some liked him. His voice seemed okay, but nerves are pretty hard to overcome, and looking good on stage takes more practice than standing in front of a turkey.

I also liked the girl with the deep, husky voice...the one who sang Chain of Fools? I'm blanking on her name now, but wow, she was great! I didn't need the "eviction" backstory, (especially since she had 18 family members there to cheer her on - presumably one or two fo who had a couch.....but her song made up for the fake story. :)

Love AI, glad it's back on again.

13. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I loved the rocker who they said had a flat performance but they put him through anyway. I hope he goes far.

14. brott

brott at redh dot com

Feb 23, 2001
    Pleasanton, CA
    Yes, but it was racism and prejudice. Zack was angry that the Judges, particularly Simon, we're prejudiced against a boy who sang a girl song. I saw someone claiming to be a boy that looked and sounded like a girl singing a song badly. Whatever prejudice may or may not have existed, the sound was bad, bad, bad so he/she/it had to go, thankfully.

15. Hansky

Hansky Active Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Which judge thought that caucasions were an inherently inferior race? As for prejudice, it is the job description of the judges to be prejudiced.

16. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I went back and checked it. Here's what he said:

Zachary: "I hate looking like <mumbles>"

Mom: "What?"

Zachary: "I hate looking like a girl..."

Mom: "Aww..."

17. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Anyone know what night they are showing the Boston one? I couldn't find it on their site.

18. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    I liked her as well - her voice moved me.

True, but it's no Rock Star :)

19. brott

brott at redh dot com

Feb 23, 2001
    Pleasanton, CA
    No disagreement from me. I was passing on "her" point of view, not my opinions.

20. bigpuma

bigpuma Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2003
    Morgan Hill, CA
    um, it's not there job to be prejudiced. Prejudiced means to pre-judge, they're job is to judge what they hear not make a decision before a person starts singing. That being said they heard him, he sucked, they said no. They did their jobs.