American Idol: S5-TO-04 01/25/2006 San Fran

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ebonovic, Jan 25, 2006.

1. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Hmm... this was one of the less "crazy" episodes.

The entire "hype" of Simon walking out... blah... stupid and boring.. not one ounce of entertainment in that.

I am on the fence for most of the people the argued over... some I agree with Simon others I agreed with Paula and Randy...

Either way...

I thought the girl from Hawaii was good enough to continue on, better then some of the others they sent through...

But in the end... the best part of the show was the previews....

"Psychic Girl" is back next week.....

2. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I agree 100%. It was totally uninteresting and unjustified from what was shown.

3. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Not a single stand out singer in the bunch. THAT'S why Simon was so surly. :p

4. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    Obviously he had a pissy fit and was just rejecting 'decent' people if the other 2 liked them. wahhhh

fox got what they wanted though. Though I'm sure the producers do some coaching of what they want each show from the tripod.

""Psychic Girl" is back next week....."

hope someone doesn't get you with a spoiler tag :)

5. Figaro

Figaro El Caganer

Nov 9, 2003
    Somwhere in...
    I thought that all three of them were all hot and heavy for the girl who's mom was a voice teacher. Randy said "Best voice of the competition so far." And that is after he was crazy about the girl in NC who's entire family were successful singers.

What in the world was Hawaiian girl thinking starting off with Verdi? A bad rendition of Verdi at that. How is that going to endear you to the judges when they crap all over people who are too broadway?

How in the world can they let the freak who was fresh out of the air force in? Good golly that was embarrassing to watch.

Who is the psychic chick? I don't remember her. Is she from this year or last year?

6. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    wasn't the military guy one of those picks to 'go against' what simon wanted?

7. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Sorry ... should have spoiler taged it... BUT... I will spoiler tag the description of her..

Last season, a try-out contest is a professional "fortune teller" aka Psychic Chic. She predicted that she will win American Idol.

She was BRUTAL BRUTAL BRUTAL last year.. and Simon told her that she must not be very good at her day job either (aka as a Fortune teller)..

They showed her in the previews for next week....

Yep... the rap, dance master military guy was one of "start" of the arguments.

8. brott

brott at redh dot com

Feb 23, 2001
    Pleasanton, CA
    I'd say that SF Audition (and I live near there) this year was one of the worst AI episodes that has been on. This is coming from someone who likes the auditions. Let's get more of the kooks and less arguing from the Judges.

9. dcehl

dcehl New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    The funny thing about Simon leaving - both Paula and Randy have done the same. My wife and I were saying that Simon seems to really be distancing himself from Paula and Randy. Maybe because Paula and Randy are becoming more fake and acting the part every season , whereas Simon still seems to think this is a job. Mostly I agree with all of Simon's responses.

I have to say, I am totally perplexed when they give someone a second chance to sing a song (who doesn't deserve it) and send others off who might be able to perform better with a second song.

10. brott

brott at redh dot com

Feb 23, 2001
    Pleasanton, CA
    I wonder if this is just the editing. It's likely that folks are (in general) given the benefit of the doubt. we just don't always see it. Statue of Liberty Man comes to mind as a likely exception, but it IS possible that the person was given a chance to audition AFTER the initial blow-off and we just didn't see it.

11. bigcb37

bigcb37 Willing Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Falls...

I think it has something to do with the HUGE contract Simon just signed and the fact that he gets a piece of the recording contracts that the winner gets. I dont think Randy or Paula get anything.

Plus, Simon is very good at his job and he knows what makes good TV. If someone is going to clearly get the 2 needed votes from Randy and Paula then why not pick second and say "No" to have the final decision come down to one person...makes it a little more suspensful.

Simon can do whatever he wants on that show. He is American Idol and he knows it. He has a big head but I like him.

12. crowfan

crowfan The Dude abides

Dec 27, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Is it just me, or do they seems to be replaying ALOT of clips from one show to the next? For example, how many times have we seen Randy sstanding outside the audition room with that lady who was supposedly a professional, famous singer (I've never heard of her before), whose granddaughter was auditioning? I feel like they showed that clip (and others) on multiple audition shows this year.

I still get a kick out of the show, but I can't help but feeling that *every last thing* on this show is scripted, especially the "big fights" and the "walk outs." There is just not one ounce of sincerity in any of it. It really turns me off.

But I like hearing the people sing (the good and the bad). That one brunette girl, who was very pretty, was also really good.

13. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    just teasin ya, but others aren't so funny

Hey everyone notice Randy is becoming the final vote in a much greater percentage of votes we see this year? Used to be simon always was last but i really have noticed randy breaking the ties this year even more

I also think it's stupid when they ask more than 2 people to vote when the 2 votes are identical. What a waste of film.

14. brott

brott at redh dot com

Feb 23, 2001
    Pleasanton, CA
  15. DLiquid

DLiquid Progressive User

Sep 17, 2001
    Wow, a month later? I had no idea they did it that way.

16. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    I thought it was interesting too, one of my co-workers went to sing for RP&S and she knew before she left, I didn't understand how she knew until it was explained to me.