American Idol Results - 4/1/09. Yes, obviously there are spoilers.

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Jesda, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Apr 1, 2009 #1 of 60
    Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!

Advertisements

Way to be classy, Megan.

2. Apr 1, 2009 #2 of 60
    toddvj

toddvj New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    St. Paul, MN
    No kidding. They should tell her she can't be on the tour or have any affiliation with American Idol again. What a piece of work.

3. Apr 1, 2009 #3 of 60
    LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I zipped through long enough to see "The person going home will be... Megan." and deleted it. What happened?

4. Apr 1, 2009 #4 of 60
    Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    When asked by hamster how she felt about Simon's comments from the previous night, she said "You know what? I don't care. I don't care."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30000565/

They told her before she sang that she would not be saved and her last-ditch performance wouldn't be considered, and that "This is your swan song. Enjoy it."

5. Apr 1, 2009 #5 of 60
    Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...

Advertisements

I'm glad Simon was smart enough to see the charade the last couple of weeks on "deciding" to keep a contestant wasn't going to work on Megan. The only thing better was if Megan went off on him ala Sue Hawk (Survivor-Season One). But I suppose we'll see them huddle round next week...

The crow calls were funny tho.

6. Apr 2, 2009 #6 of 60
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I found her and her crow calls friggin' annoying. Good riddance.

Love how Simon gave it back to her by saying (paraphrasing here) we're not going to pretend we're deliberating...goodbye...nice!!

7. Apr 2, 2009 #7 of 60
    JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I liked how Megan danced like Elaine Benes.

8. Apr 2, 2009 #8 of 60
    Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Holy crap she was the most obnoxious Idol contestant I can ever remember and that includes Sanjaya and Norman Gentle. Thanks Simon for putting her in her place.

9. Apr 2, 2009 #9 of 60
    Demandred

Demandred RPSLS Champion

Mar 6, 2001
    Houston, TX, US
    I felt bad for her. I have for the past few weeks. I think she knew she wasn't as good as the rest of the contestants, and really just wanted out, but you can't just quit the show. Plus imagine how you would feel if you were Vote For the Worst's candidate.

10. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Sanjaya took it like a man-boy.

11. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Speaking of contestants like that, Jason Castro had a nice front row seat tonight, sitting right next to Alexis Grace, behind Randy Jackson's head.

12. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Holy cow - what the HELL kind of list was that trainwreck #1 on??? :eek:

Her dancing looked one step above Bjork and three steps behind Megan Joy. And the song itself just blew.

The impersonations were hillarious! And it's nice to see that they all seem to get along so well. Anoop's impersonation of Kris and Allison's impersonation of Danny had me laughing.

And can we PLEASE get rid of that opening number? I don't think any of them can lip-sync worth a darn and there's absolutely no question that's all it is. Or at least just once let them do an Ashley Simpson and all of them sing a completely different song than the track that plays.

Best moment of the night, I thought, was Ryan's fake out of Matt. I generally don't care for all the fake suspense and all, but that one was very well done! :D

13. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    The lip syncing is really ridiculous. When Scott was standing behind the keyboard, he wasn't within a foot of the microphone.

14. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I think she said "I love Simon, but I don't care" or something like that.

I didn't find anything wrong with her comments. I wouldn't give a damn what these judges say either, it's the votes that count. Unfortunately for her, people agreed with the judges. :D

15. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    That whole pretending has been annoying from the start anyway.

16. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Yeah, I gotta say that the whole "maybe we'll save you" crap is a crock. Good for Megan for calling them on it and good for the judges for dispensing with it for a change. I guarantee you this "save" rule will be gone next year.

She really shouldn't have cared what they thought and they shouldn't have cared what she thought. Both her and the judges knew they wouldn't save her no matter what she did.

17. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I am with the whole "fake" group numbers. Seasons before they have been live (IIRC) so I wonder when they switched over and what the reason was.

I did feel bad for Scott, he was so off the mic one time yet perfectly heard and then another time he forgot his cue.

I guess they are just training them to be the next Milli Vanilli, Britney Spears or Ashley Simpson.

18. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    It seems Allison really doesn't have a constituency. Too bad, because I really like her, maybe even as high as third. Then again, I thought Alexis was at least that good too.

Next out? I hope Scott or Matt.

19. iceisles

iceisles New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    I think Allison is great, but if you notice, she's in the bottom three following a bad song choice. Perhaps more than any other contestant, she needs to pick a solid song every time out. We need more "Give In To Me" & "Alone" type stuff from her is she's going to survive. There's a fanbase for her, but it's definitely finicky.

20. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    The song became super popular on iTunes a couple years ago after it was used on an episode of Laguna Beach. It was then rejuvenated yet again when it was used on the Sopranos series finale.

Edit...

What’s the most downloaded catalog song in iTunes history?

Journey's Timeless Power Ballad "Don't Stop Believin'" Becomes First Catalog Track Ever to Reach 2 Million Mark in Digital Sales