American Idol deleted!!! HELP get it back!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by JP79, Mar 22, 2011.

1. JP79

JP79 New Member

Mar 22, 2011

Advertisements

So my wife deleted Season 10 Episode 18 & 19 (Air date March 16 & 17th 2011). Is there somewhere online that I can watch the episodes for free?? I must watch these episodes. Please help with any advice you may have. Thanks.

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    My advice: Try learning to like some different shows. :p

I guess this qualifies as "TiVo-related" but seems like it would fit better in the Happy Hour forum.

Don't mind me, I'm just being cranky! :cool:

3. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    You can watch the performances on fox.com

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    When was it deleted? Did you check the recently deleted folder at the bottom? If its still there, you can recover them to watch.

5. Iluvatar

Iluvatar New Member

Jul 22, 2006

Advertisements

Wow my deleted recordings rarely stay in the deleted folder for more than a few hours let alone a whole week. Would actually be nice if TiVo would keep at least the last couple deleted programs around instead of just filling up on Suggestions (yes I could turn them off but I find them useful sometimes).

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Sounds like you need a larger hard drive or need to keep the show for longer if it's getting deleted only a week after airing.

7. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    yeah, your hard drive is full if the deleted programs don't last long.

Right now mine premiere shows about 40% full, and had 200 hd hours after adding an expander a week or two ago. Anything I have deleted since adding the expander is still in my recently deleted folder, one has had to been there for almost two weeks now.

It's not so much that tivo can't make recently deleted items stay in the folder longer, it has a awful lot more to do with how much hard drive space you have left

8. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    My advice isn't on how to solve your immediate problem, but on how to avoid it in future.

Get your Tivo on the same network as a computer which can devote a lot of its time and a lot of hard drive space to running the free version of Tivo Desktop.

Then you can set it up to automatically copy serieses (series'?), so that if it gets deleted from the TiVo before you watch it you can copy it back to the Tivo (or watch it on the computer).

Admittedly, getting used to the idea of your Tivo having its own computer that's better than your computer takes some getting used to.

9. Iluvatar

Iluvatar New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Or they have Suggestions enabled. My Premiere is consistently only 25-50% (excluding Suggestions) full and very rarely has anything in Recently Deleted folders more than a few hours. I am sure there is a better way that TiVo could handle it though.

10. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I have suggestions enabled on two Tivos. The Premiere has 102 suggestions and 101 in the RDF, the bottom of the list is dated 2/16. The S2 (250GB) has 86 suggestions and 37 in the RDf, at the bottom of the list is 2/28.

Different strokes...

11. Iluvatar

Iluvatar New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Interesting. My Premiere has 23% full and 68 suggestions with 0 in RDF and I just deleted something 2 hrs ago. I wish mine worked more like yours :D

12. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I have Suggestions disabled and 1TB of storage on my TiVo. I still have shows in the deleted folder that I deleted 6+ months ago.

Dan

13. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I have over 160+ in RDF.

14. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I have about 80, but I record a lot of movies to watch "some day", so a good portion of my space is taken up by them.

Dan

15. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    This. It's awesome. I think our RDF is around 450.

But our second TiVo only keeps deletions for a few days...dang four seasons of Mad Men we have yet to watch.

16. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    I gave up on the watch someday approach and instead set a movie wishlist to Keep at most 5 or 10 (depending on other seasonal recording levels) and just pick from those when in a movie mood. I have found that excluding certain actors works pretty well to not record movies I have seen too many times already