American Idol 1/24/06

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by newsposter, Jan 24, 2006.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA

Advertisements

That last girl in the flashy white, um, outfit...well...what more can you say? 100% trash. Won't give her the pleasure of having 110%. Let's try to lose gracefully people. Be disappointed but dissing people who you, 2 minutes ago, you wanted to love you, just isn't becoming on any level.

And what do these people think when they go home and see themselves spewing this crap? They should be embarrassed.

Hey did you hear Staples had a sale on shredders this week? The girl in the pink got her outfit caught in one.

2. kathysvideos

kathysvideos New Member

Jan 19, 2006
    Can anyone sell me a copy of tonight's, Tuesday's episode? I missed it due to work.

3. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!!

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Wow! Some of these people just slay me! :D What a hoot!!!

I am so excited about the Paris Bennett girl. She seems genuine and has the most amazing voice! Plus, she's local - always gotta root for the local kids. :)

4. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Emotional favorite so far: girl from the foster homes

Shockingly impressively good performance that may be better than anything I've ever seen on AI before: The girl who sang Billie Holiday.

5. firerose818

firerose818 Now 65 pounds less! TCF Club

Jul 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA

Advertisements

I agree with you completely Angie. I couldn't believe she was 17.

I also really liked the girl who lived with her grandfather. I was happy to see her make it.

-Rose

6. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    i've sent you a message

7. tbowie

tbowie Member

Mar 29, 2003

which Billie Holiday song did she sing?

8. knitjen

knitjen Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Springfield,...
    I agree wholeheartedly with all of the above--the girl with the grandfather was really refreshing, the 24yo mother of three (!) had a great story and a good voice, and the 17 yo was incredible.

The segment with the guy who'd won 10 talent contests--3 in the past year!--was hilarious. I always find it easier to watch the bad people who insist that they're really, really good despite what anyone says to the contrary (unlike the sheriff from last week--he just made me cringe).

9. coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Yeah, Paris who sang Billie was AMAZING! Seriously gave me major goose bumps.

10. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    The girls killed in Greensboro!! Paris (Billie Holiday singer) is just a DOLL! I was a little surprised to see her sooooooo emotional after making it through. With a grandma in the "biz" and that voice I would think she would have plenty of connections to get her shot. Regardless, I'm thrilled, because she's incredible.

There were a couple of guys that I thought were pretty good that didn't get through, but maybe that was just because the guys in general were so weak compared to the other half.

The foster system mom with 4 kids has an interesting personality, but sure doesn't seem like a good mom! :eek: Telling your kids "I'm leaving" ? :eek: And she barely remembered they were there after leaving the audition room. :eek: :eek: But.... kudos to her for the major self improvement she's had to do with so few tools at her disposal.

The young blonde with the dad in jail, however, is an emotional fave by far. How sweet is she??! :)

Note to ALL AI audition contestants: Do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT pick a Michael Jackson song. Or Paula Abdul. EVER.

11. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Okay... My wife hit this one dead on the head...

There was contestant tonight... that could double as a character from the Harry Potter MOVIES... Primarily on voice, but also on looks.

Think Pink Cowboy Hat

Overall.... a fairly enjoyable night. Some REALLY good voices.

12. sixseven

sixseven New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Take 5. She nailed it. Didn't lose a beat...

13. dcehl

dcehl New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    OMG! "Sylvester Stallone's younger sister"!!! That might have been Simon's best line ever! I still have tears in my eyes from that one

14. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    That was most certainly a classic. He came out of left field and nailed that one on the head!!!

Indeed, the Billy Holiday girl was fantastic. "Yes ma'am!!!!!" :)

15. grant33

grant33 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Manassas, VA
    I closed my eyes and thought that Lisa Simpson was auditioning. :)

16. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    More like Moaning Mertel... (The Ghost from the Girl's bathroom in the Harry Potter movies)...

17. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    Ok this may not be a popular position about this show but who really cares about their background? We are here to hear them be the best singer there is. And I really have a hard time because someone that has 3 kids by 19 and expects some sort of recognition of it. Do the judges every hear about this stuff or is it purely to pull at the TV audience's heartstrings? If the judges dont hear about it, then it's a waste of tv time. If they do hear about it, it's almost like they are trying to get the sympathy vote. there's truely no need to find out most of this stuff in order to pass them thru to hollywood. In a pure contest for an idol, i'd think you need to look good, sing good, and have a respectable tone about you. All this other stuff is unnecessary if all they care about is finding an idol. But of course i'm not stupid enough to think they really are looking just for good singers as they dont even show 90% of them on tv.

And having one kid young, ok maybe an accident. But 2 more so soon after? It's like they get themselves in difficult situations and then expect to be recognized/ rewarded/pitied for making something out of it. And the one mom to not even go to her kids out of her audition...well that's not good parenting in my book. Enough of the sob stories already. let's start hearing people sing, not sob.

18. bigcb37

bigcb37 Willing Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Falls...
    I loved the exchange with Simon and the other judges about Paula and Randy's instructional DVD...that was hilarious!

19. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    I missed the second half... My TiVo is not hooked up to the network... It said it would run out of data on Wednesday, but it really ran out on Tuesday... I was watching it live, and hit record when I needed to leave for supper, but it only recorded 30 minutes...

I'm gonna have to get me more internet sticks... passing the one I have back and forth (2 computers and two TiVo's share one internet stick) is getting to be a pain.

20. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    Simon was really on last night. I sometimes wonder if he is really that quick-witted or if the editors are helping him out.

My favorite was when the big girl said "I'm going to be bigger than (someone) and (someone else)" and Simon replied "In a way, you already are".