American Horror Story Season 2 premise info

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
  2. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Odd that Connie Britton
    is not coming back since she said in an interview that she had been signed to come back.

3. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Can we update the thread title to say spoilers so we don't have to spoiler tag anything?

4. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    Given the title, how could anything in the thread not be a spoiler?

5. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Not trying to bash but are people really looking forward to another season of this show? I thought it was a massive train wreck. I'm not even sure why I watched it, I think it was part wondering where it was going and part there was really nothing else on. I thought a couple of things were cool here and there but that's about it. It was the least cohesive, most nonsensical show I think I've ever seen. I don't even think I finished the last episode because something came up and then I just never went back, lol.

6. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I thought it was fantastic but I can see why some people wouldn't like it. I don't think I would watch all but the last episode though. You may as well just finish it.

7. mrdazzo7

Jan 8, 2006
    Yeah it's still on the tivo so I'll get there eventually. I think I only have like 20 minutes left too, I just had a hard time getting through for first 40. The way they went into that last episode was a huge turn off for me so I had lost all interest at that point. I should watch the rest before I judge the whole season (I always say you can't judge it until the credits on the finale roll)... loooot of effort though.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I thought it started off interesting, and then just got better and better. Having an endpoint allowed them to go places I absolutely did not expect them to go, a benefit (us not knowing there's an endpoint) which they will of course not have in Season 2.

9. mrdazzo7

Jan 8, 2006
    I'll give them that--I absolutely didn't expect them to go where they went with it. I think that could be a bad thing though because of where it left them.

10. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I thought it was great, too....to each his own.

11. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Count me in as thinking it was great and creative. And Jessica Lange's performance was Hall of Fame.

12. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I really really liked it. It was probably my favorite new series last season.

13. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Agree about Lange's performance being top notch, as was Evan Peters (Tate).

I enjoyed it a lot.
    I had a few nitpicky issues with the finale and some unanswered questions (mostly as regards the Infantata) but it was always "appointment TV" with me.
    I will absolutely be there for the next round.

14. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Same with me. Not much new on TV is different. This was definitely different. Not many shows or movies make the hair stand up on my arms and this show did it.

15. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001

Yes Peters was fantastic as well. Hope he's back.

16. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    This was, as I think I've said before, definitely a hot mess. Not everything worked but I loved that they tried something new. My wife and I really enjoyed it and we're looking forward to another season.

17. joemamafresh

joemamafresh New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    BLOOMINGTON,...
    It SOUNDS like you have NEVER seen a single episode...

18. joemamafresh

joemamafresh New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    BLOOMINGTON,...
  19. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Considering the poster comes from FX and the news comes from the show's executive producer, that would be a bit...odd.

20. SoupMan

SoupMan Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2001
    MD
    There's an update at the bottom of the poster link saying that it's been confirmed a fake.